Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil and Coolant Temps

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Zytek_Fan 
#1 ·
Brief history. Truck is a 2008 F250 deleted with H&S Mini Max, S&B CAI, and 5' Diamond Eye exhaust. At 60k miles I did coolant flush, new thermostats, hoses, added a coolant filter and switched to CAT ELC coolant. Shortly after that, the delta in my Oil temp and Coolant temp were greater that 15 degrees so i had a new oil cooler installed and they also install Bullet Proof EGR coolers. After that my truck run at 195 coolant and 203 oil like clockwork. At 90k I had to get the heads done, ARP head studs. After that repair my temps were fairly consistent to what had seen in the past. The truck now has 94k on it and the delta between the two temps is starting to creeping back to the 15 degree mark on long freeways trips not loaded. Is there something else I need to look at instead of the oil cooler. I think I have made the right moves to make this truck last, but i do not want have to replace the oil cooler again so soon. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
#3 ·
may be a little early, but have you replaced the coolant filter yet? if not, you could try that

#4 ·
If Cat ELC got mixed with another coolant type, it can turn the coolant snot like as the additives and such come out of solution. If it is not the normal red color or doesn't smell like it does fresh out of the bottle, then it got mixed.

But any flush can loosen up a lot of crap built up. It's always good to do a flush or two with the old oil cooler so it'll pile up with crap rather than the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.