Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

making oil

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  lvillelightning 
#1 ·
I have a 08 f250 ..I am on my 3rd motor due to busted pistons ..it's changed the oil yesterday and when I poured up the old oil I had 6gals and 1qt ....something ain't rite ..any ideas

#5 ·
ok well there are other causes of fuel dilution besides leaking injectors. have you run the engine with valve covers off and pump at max command while inspecting for leaks at feed tubes and rails?
or drain the oil completely , leave the plug out with a clean pan under there and run the lpfp to see if any fuel comes out the drain. that checks the hpfp shaft seal and would indicate if the hpfp needs to be replaced

#7 ·
ok well you should see if he's run those tests or not. i would assume he has and went onto running the inverse injector test to confirm the injector leak.

#8 · (Edited)
sounds to me like you might need a new guy :dunno:
not to sound nasty, but if this is your third motor...

#9 ·
I travel as a pipeliner. ..first motor was stock 1 that can from ford in the truck ...second 1 a guy in Oklahoma put in for me ...it was a new Ford short block that lasted 40k and busted another piston ....and this one is a whole new motor built from scratch with new heads and all ...so this motor build and install is the only one he has done

#10 ·
that has an effect on the landscape.
I hope this one works our for you. truck being down is not an acceptable way to live.
sounds like this should take care of your woes.

#12 ·
That much oil and deleted screams fuel leak internally. Either HPFP, lines to rails, rails them selves, lines to sticks, or the sticks......Like Kaya said pull the covers and command the fuel pump on and see what happens. There is a very intricate torque/install procedure for the 6.4 injectors that needs to be followed when removing and replacing them. Also the lines from the rail to the injectors can NOT be re-used or they will leak.

#14 ·
if they aren't torqued in the proper sequence, they can leak. regardless, it'll show if tested correctly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.