What does this mean? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What does this mean?

Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I bought the truck. Just got my Oasis (Thanks Dave). Not sure what to make of this. Any Techs got time to decipher?

T/F7 F T/BC T/BD T/E A1 T/BE T/QL 29-JAN-2007 28-MAR-2007 124016 USA 19 1H03 030804 8C3Z 9F464 D N12 01 45758
AWS Claim Key: 2260916 Trx Code: S07 Labor Hrs: 32.2
Dlr Cd-Sub Cd: 02839 - * Name: COASTAL FORD Ph: 251-3444000 St:AL Ctry Cd: USA Reg Cd: NA Repr Date:15-OCT-2008 Doc #:05155558
Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES ENGINE MAKING A NOISE
Tech Comments: CK ENGINE NOISE & SMOKING,PRESURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM NOT HOLDING PRESURE,RUN COMPRESSITION LOW ON # 8 CYL,REMOVE CAB 4 DOOR,REPLACE SHORT BLOCK CYL SCORED M TIME 3.6 FOR CUTTING & REMOVING CAGE NUTS AND CAB BOLTS

I understand low comp. #8, and cab off. What does "replace short block" mean?
I appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Sam View Post
Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I bought the truck. Just got my Oasis (Thanks Dave). Not sure what to make of this. Any Techs got time to decipher?

T/F7 F T/BC T/BD T/E A1 T/BE T/QL 29-JAN-2007 28-MAR-2007 124016 USA 19 1H03 030804 8C3Z 9F464 D N12 01 45758
AWS Claim Key: 2260916 Trx Code: S07 Labor Hrs: 32.2
Dlr Cd-Sub Cd: 02839 - * Name: COASTAL FORD Ph: 251-3444000 St:AL Ctry Cd: USA Reg Cd: NA Repr Date:15-OCT-2008 Doc #:05155558
Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES ENGINE MAKING A NOISE
Tech Comments: CK ENGINE NOISE & SMOKING,PRESURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM NOT HOLDING PRESURE,RUN COMPRESSITION LOW ON # 8 CYL,REMOVE CAB 4 DOOR,REPLACE SHORT BLOCK CYL SCORED M TIME 3.6 FOR CUTTING & REMOVING CAGE NUTS AND CAB BOLTS

I understand low comp. #8, and cab off. What does "replace short block" mean?
I appreciate any help.

That means you have a remanufactured engine in there
Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That means you have a remanufactured engine in there

That's the only thing I could think of. Was really hoping that wasn't the case. Shame is, I've bought several vehicles from this dealership, and referred several cust. to them. I guess they're in the money making business not friend making. Seems like they would be required to tell if the engine had been replaced. And how would that affect the warranty? Different warr on this motor?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Quote:
That's the only thing I could think of. Was really hoping that wasn't the case. Shame is, I've bought several vehicles from this dealership, and referred several cust. to them. I guess they're in the money making business not friend making. Seems like they would be required to tell if the engine had been replaced. And how would that affect the warranty? Different warr on this motor?
There may be a different warranty on the engine there may not be. Let me recheck that quick
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Quote:
There may be a different warranty on the engine there may not be. Let me recheck that quick
Oasis doesnt tell me that info. Check with the dealer
Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Oasis doesnt tell me that info. Check with the dealer
Thanks again, Dave. I'll ask them.

I was under the impression that dealers fell under a "full disclosure" law when it came to things as serious as engine replacement. Then again, title has to be clean, or the bank would have balked on the loan. Any guardhouse lawyers around that know about these sorts of things?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Quote:
Thanks again, Dave. I'll ask them.

I was under the impression that dealers fell under a "full disclosure" law when it came to things as serious as engine replacement. Then again, title has to be clean, or the bank would have balked on the loan. Any guardhouse lawyers around that know about these sorts of things?
Nope not regarding engine replacement or things like that. Thats only for salvage titles and the like
Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i would think that if the authorized dealer replaced the engine, with a reman, it should still hold the original warranty for the truck, and hold a modified ( maybe extended ) warranty for the motor. or maybe they just kept it under the original 5 yr 100K warranty.. talk to the dealer to make sure your covered..
Old 07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
i would think that if the authorized dealer replaced the engine, with a reman, it should still hold the original warranty for the truck, and hold a modified ( maybe extended ) warranty for the motor. or maybe they just kept it under the original 5 yr 100K warranty.. talk to the dealer to make sure your covered..

Thats really what I was asking. If there would be an extention for the motor warranty. I'll have to find out from them.

I certainly plan on talking to the dealer. Loudly. And in short, four letter bursts.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What's up Sam? That bites about the OASIS! Did you buy the truck locally? I should probably get an OASIS on mine as well. Like you, I wish had known about the OASIS before a purchased my truck. What color is your truck? I've seen some black and some silver 08's running up and down HWY 16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.