Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone Runnin Rize 4 Link kit?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ExtremeFord4x4 
#1 ·
I've got one on the way and wanted to know what the install was like. Also, hows the ride?

#3 ·
mines getting put on in 3 days. Had to buy a 46mm socket so i can get the pitamn arm off.Going to put a 2 inch spacer under springs to get 10 inches to clear my 40inch tires.also had to buy the icon adjustable panrod Bar to compensate for the extra 2 inch of lift

#4 ·
I've had one on for the last 20,000mi. Rize 8" 4-link, with OUO traction blocks in the rear / stock springs.

Love it! It's hard for me to compare, since this is my first full size truck, but the shop that did the work were pretty wide-eyed at how nice it rides. They said its as smooth as a half-ton truck. The feel of it contradicts the look, in a way. People expect a big truck to have a harsh ride.

As for the install, I had a shop do it. Seemed pretty straight forward, with no problems. One tip... make SURE your drop-pitman / nut (if your kit has one) is TIGHT before you put the track bar drop in place. No wrench will fit once that bracket is in. Not one that will allow the 350ft-lbs of torque needed on the pitman nut anyway.

#5 ·
Truck rides better than stock and my truck is at 16" on 40's. Install pretty stright forward depends if you get an old kit or the new style with the poly bushings (I heard that ones a lot easier to install) Its not a drive way install by any means. You'll really like the kit and the ride if you plan on doing any High HP mods I would suggest OUO traction blocks or modifying Rizes rear traction brakcets with gussets and plates.

#6 ·
I finally finsihed the rize install.It is pretty basic and easy to do.The only problem I have is the frt diff angle is to far down after the alignment was done so the frt driveshaft binds when 4 wheeling.You want to run lots of caster at leat 3.5 degrees on these trucks so when you do this it pulls you pinion angle down which makes a bad angle in the frt.I also had to put a 1 piece drive shaft in the rear.Once it was installed it eliminated all vibrations.if I had to do this all over again i would do 8 inch lift with 38s on 20 inch wheels.It seems like 10 inch lift maxes steeing/suspension to much to be real reliable when 4 wheeling hard

#7 ·
10" is the safe max for the steering for sure.

And yes when the Rize droops it does cause caster to go more positive due to the length of the lower link. You may be able to clearance the yoke to keep the front driveline from binding.
Or, index the t-case to give the front shaft a lesser angle.

#10 ·
Need to unbolt the t-case from the trans to put the indexing ring in.
You'll also need a new transmission crossmember to clear the front driveline as the front output of the t-case is now lower and the factory crossmember will not clear the shaft.

If you can see where it's binding you can clearance it some with a die grinder to keep it from contacting though.

OUO makes a transfercase index ring I believe and Im sure Dan can get you a price... if you installed your lift, you can install the ring... they arent too difficult...
Actually Attitude Performance makes the ring that we sell.

#13 ·
Its not contacting.The angle is just really bad and you can feel it when driving in 4 hi at about 15mph.I dont thik that a different drive shaft is going to fix it.If I lower the out put of the transfer case do i have to worry bout oil starvation in the transfer case?

#14 ·
The only other problem that I ran into when installing my 10 inch lift is the rear shocks
have to be really long to work(like 16 inch travel).So what im planning on doing next week is cutting factory rivets off the rear shock top mounts .and flipping them down so
the top mount will be alot closer to the bottom shock mount.I will just have to buy 8 bolts for this mod.I hope it works.Cause I cant afford those expensive 16 inch travel shocks.would like to keep my bilisten shocks

#18 ·
Also you will need a 1 7/8" wrench for the jam nuts on the heim joints(if your kit has them). Install isn't bad at all, it is the only lift I have seen with full color pictures in the instructions. Which is a big plus. PM me if you need any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.