is this bad too do.? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is this bad too do.?

i already have the revtek 4.5 " lift but i want a bit more, can i just put 2"coil spacers up front and stack a 3" block in the back welded to the 5" i already have? without any other majors,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
i already have the revtek 4.5 " lift but i want a bit more, can i just put 2"coil spacers up front and stack a 3" block in the back welded to the 5" i already have? without any other majors,
You should be fine with your coil spacers, but with another set of blocks you'll need a set of traction bars or personally, I would do a new leaf spring back.........
Old 02-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Yea you will most likely get some mean axle wrap with 8" of rear block, especially with the Spartan. Do you get any axle wrap with the current setup?

The ideal way would be new springs or OUO traction blocks but you are looking at roughly $1,000 for new springs and $1,400 for traction blocks. A cheap fix would be a 2" full length add-a-leaf. It will stiffen up the rear a bit but not as bad as the short add-a-leafs do.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod80 View Post
Yea you will most likely get some mean axle wrap with 8" of rear block, especially with the Spartan. Do you get any axle wrap with the current setup?

The ideal way would be new springs or OUO traction blocks but you are looking at roughly $1,000 for new springs and $1,400 for traction blocks. A cheap fix would be a 2" full length add-a-leaf. It will stiffen up the rear a bit but not as bad as the short add-a-leafs do.
i haent noticed any so far,i dont wanna spend all that much since i only keep trucks about a year to 2 so and im already at a year 1. my next truck ill be going all out. what do the full length leafs run and where to getem
Old 02-06-2009, 06:25 AM

If you put a spacer on top of your current coil springs it is going to bow your coils, it wont hurt anything it just looks wierd and will affect the ride some what. As for the rear you will get axle wrap i have it with my truck and i am in desperate need for some traction bars. As for the leafs check out truck toyz website they have a pretty good list of stuff on there including the replacment leafs you are looking for.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 AM

I believe they used a Skyjacker Soft Ride add-a-leaf on mine...around $150 a pair I think.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod80 View Post
I believe they used a Skyjacker Soft Ride add-a-leaf on mine...around $150 a pair I think.
yeah i was looking at that too. i found some here 3". how does it ride with them on. stiffer?
Add-a-Leafs by Tuff Country - 1999-08 Ford F250 / F350 SD 4WD 3" lift (Rear Kit): Ultimate Auto Accessories

BTW SWEET bike

Last edited by matty21; 02-06-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have 8" of block in the back and I hate it. Deff get some ladder bars or new springs.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
I have 8" of block in the back and I hate it. Deff get some ladder bars or new springs.
yeah im lking at springs now due to the axle wrap. but i will also get get some weld on ladder bars to i think.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
yeah i was looking at that too. i found some here 3". how does it ride with them on. stiffer?
Add-a-Leafs by Tuff Country - 1999-08 Ford F250 / F350 SD 4WD 3" lift (Rear Kit): Ultimate Auto Accessories

BTW SWEET bike
I'm not 100% sure but those Tuff Country one's look like the shorter ones. 3" is alot of add-a-leaf...will probably stiffen it up quite a bit. To be honest I didn't notice a real big difference with mine...maybe stiffened it up a bit but nothing that I really notice. It was placed within the spring pack, not at the very bottom. I was told that makes a difference on how stiff it rides. I'm at 6" of block now and not sure if I have axle wrap or not. I have bad take off shudder but the driveline shop told me it was all due to my angles and carrier bearing. I was going to order the OUO traction blocks but have to spend $700 first to get a CV and better style carrier put in my rear driveshaft. I'm getting that done next week so should know then if I have an axle wrap problem. Going from 6" to 8" is really costing me some $$.

Thanks, just sold the bike to a guy in Saskatchewan actually. I bought a Haulmark race trailer for our dunes trips so the bike had to go. I want to start building another WCC CFL this winter...that or murder out a HD Springer Classic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.