Tires? Mileage Difference? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tires? Mileage Difference?

I am about to purchase either some pro comp extreme a/t's or toyo m/t's in 33x12.50-20, and was wondering what kind of mileage difference I would see between the two types of tread. If any one is running these tires please let me know what you think. I would hate to drop alot of money on some tires that I would not end up liking. Thanks

Happy Holidays!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would say go with the toyo's i have seen some problems with the procomp tires i remember one member on here and the side walls come apart on them. As for milage decrease i would say it will be minimal as they are not much bigger than the stock tires.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:54 AM

i have about 10k on my 37" toyo mt's and love em.
everybody i know runs them, most will say they are the best.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Emergency Services

I was going to get the Toyo's mt's but got a smoking deal that I could not pass up on the pro-comp xtreme a/t and so far so good. No complaints other than I wish I had 37's. The procomp xtreme a/t has a 40k tread warranty. I don't think you could go wrong with the Toyo's either.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM

I recently upgraded from the stock Continentals that came on my truck which were approx. 33X10.5X18 to the Toyo Open Country M/T in a larger 35X12.5X18 tire (same rolling diameter as you are looking at.

I am geared with the stock 3.73 gears.

To make a long story short, with the stock tires when I purchased the vehicle I was averaging ~15MPG, after several service appointments and all the software upgrades, I had recently been averaging ~13MPG... a bit disappointing. After switching to the new Toyo tires, my calculations show that I am getting a dismal 9.8 MPG. However........

I have not had the computer re calibrated for the 35" tires, so my speed, and overall mileage is most likely off by a bit, therefore my MPG calculations are also off by a bit i'm sure.

As far as performance goes, I have to say i'm pretty pleased. The larger, M/T tread does make a little noise..... sort of like a constant whir when traveling down the road. It also takes a little more time to get everything up to speed, but the off-road performance, and performance in rain and especially snow is fantastic. For my purposes I'm pretty happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.