New to diesels, some lift and wheel ???s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to diesels, some lift and wheel ???s

I'm new to the F250s and looking at future mods for my truck. 08 F250 cc, 4x4.

I'm thinking about doing a leveling kit and running some 35's or my other option small lift like a 4" and 35's.

What do you all recommend for leveling kits?

What do you recommend for 4" or 4.5" lifts?

Would doing new shocks improve the ride on either of the above options?

Are the Moto Metal or XD rims good rims?

When picking a tire do I need to pick something that is close to the factory tires when it comes to load and ply rating?

Thanks for your opinions just trying to figure out my mods

Anyone running a white truck with mods please post some pics, that might help. Mine is white with the gold bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to ididntdoit5150 Send a message via Yahoo to ididntdoit5150

depends how much you wanna spend. ready lift makes a 2.5" up front and 2" rear that sells for $700. and you can clear 37" tires. if you wanna go to a nice 4.5" i would recommend the icon lift hands down.

IMHO moto metals are nice, XD's are better.
im going with XD's on mine just like many other people on here and you wont be disappointed.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM

i have the revtek 4.5" lift and the install was a breeze and it rides lbetter than stock probly due to the new shocks. and for the price i am extremely happy with it
Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 AM

For the lift use icon you can get it from Truck Toyz Performance here on the site they sell both a leveling kit and a 4.5" lift and both are going to be top notch in ride and handling. As for the rims i have the XD series wheels and love them but both brands are good so it more of your preference. For shocks go with the higher end brand they may cost more but in shocks you get what you pay for and ride quality is important. As for tires load range is important if you haul heavy weight and are constantly running with weight that is close to the max your truck can haul, so if you do this then it will be inportant to stick with a E load range. Other wise if you just use you truck to pull the family boat on the weekends you would be fine with a D load range. Hope this helps
Old 12-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the information guys and I'm going to look into the things you mentioned. At this time I'm not hauling close to the load of the truck or towing close to the max load so I should be able to get away with a tire that has a D load rating.

Well time to look into some ways to spend some more money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.