Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tailgate stripper pole…..

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  john galt 
#1 ·
anyone ever ditch this useless thing?
can you just unbolt it and stick a regular tailgate cover on top of it
either that or i will be looking for a xlt gate

#3 ·
at my age that pole costs more than a few beers……. and a few bills out of the billfold !!! :hehe: :shifan:

#5 ·
Can I have the yellow cap off the top. One of the employees threw something heavy down on the tail gate and snapped the yellow knob right out of the top. Lol

#6 ·
Thanks Robert ….

Travis I will still keep the pole in case i sell the truck it will go with it

#7 · (Edited)
The stripper pole delete was the second mod I did after I got the truck. Renders the tailgate completely useless as a workbench (among other things). Yanked off the pole and the plastic tailgate liner. Installed the "Tailgate Access Cover" Ford part #YL3Z9943121AA. Took it to Line-X and had the tailgate sprayed. Pretty good match with the factory bed spray. $55 for the access cover and $150 to spray. Worth every penny.

I hung on to the pole and plastic tailgate liner for a while, thinking that I'd re-install or sell them someday. Got tired of them kicking around the shop and ended up recycling them.

Just noticed I was in the 6.4 Forum. The part number above is for a '12 6.7...

#8 ·
thanks Racer
I would think same part # but will double check when i go and pick one up

#10 ·
OR if you want a "customized" (insert kinda beat up) 04 tail gate,
i'm your guy. :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.