big rig ice recon running board lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
big rig ice recon running board lights

Ok so i installed my running board lights yesterday and wanted to explain the process. I didn't take a lot of pictures of the mounting process but, I did take some of wiring and the lights on.
So the mounting process is really easy, as you just measure out the 62 inches or 48 inches respectively, then install hangers at those 2 points. Following that you space the remaining hangers as evenly as possible. If you have the stock running boards from Ford other than the king ranch you will have to make some clearance in the center plastic running board mount cover on both sides. I used the biggest drill bit i had and drilled the gap to get some clearance. Its that easy...
Next step is wiring. First i pulled the white wires (courtesy wires) and ground wires out of the plastic insulators. Set the white wires aside for now and ground the black wires to one of the mounts. Then ziptie them in a bundle and hide the bundle behind the front plastic running board mount. Next take the wires that you connect to the headlights and run them behind the lower section of your fender well insert. For the passenger side the red wire on the ice lights will connect to the yellow traced wire on the upper amber light, and the yellow wire from the ice lights will connect to the purple traced wire on the same light. On the drivers side the only difference in the wiring is instead of connecting the reed wire to the yellow traced wire, youll connect it to a blue traced wire coming from the upper amber headlight.
Ok now its time for the white wires. Pull the door sills as well as the kick panels in front of them. Pull the carppet back enough to find the little rubber grommets on the floor boards that Ford has put in for us to run wires through (a feature i love ). Pull the grommets out, and pierce them just enough for the wire to go through( I used a kitchen knife). Put the wire through it (one on each side). Just pull the wire completely through them. Next run the drivers side wire under the carpet to the passenger side ( i pulled the carpet back on the drivers side ran the wire to the passenger side then pulled the carpet back on the passenger side). Now connect the drivers side wire to the passengers side wire. On the passengers side of the truck next to the fuse box is a huge plug, disconnect it by pressing the tab and pulling the handle back to release the 2 ends. On the male side you will find a Yellow wire with grey tracer. Splice your white courtesy light wire into that wire on the male plug.
Now check that all the lighting works and button everything up. Your done grab a few beers with your friends and enjoy a long well done job.
Attached Thumbnails
big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205143.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205201.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205056.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205118.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205011.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some finished pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205652.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_200238.jpg   big rig ice recon running board lights-20140406_205501.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.