Need help with lift! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ididntdoit5150 Send a message via Yahoo to ididntdoit5150
Need help with lift!

hey guys. i have a crew cab regular bed FX4 that i am wanting to get lifted very soon. i am looking at the rize 8" kit. however my problem is that i am having a hard time deciding if i want to stretch it out to a 10" like Pahrump did. i know i want to run at least 38"x15.5" Toyo MT's, if not possibly 40's. this setup will be used for some occasional towing but a lot of heavy off roading. my questions are, if i do end up stretching the rize out to a 10" how would i go about that? (front and rear) is just the coil spring and single shock enough or is it actually worth it to go to the dual shock? also are the rize traction bars good? cuz im hearing a lot about the ORU ones.

thanks
-mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 PM

you can just put a coil spacer in there (leveling kit) will clear 40 thats what i had on mine now i have 38s same lift
Old 12-03-2008, 09:29 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Only traction bars I would use are Rizes. Your saying that you will off road alot..just what kind..fire roads or? FYI rocks+SD's+big lifts and tires= $$$$$$$ on repairs
Old 12-03-2008, 09:37 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Need to know what style of heavy off-raoding your planning to do.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

Yup....

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Ole White

The ORU traction blocks like Pahrump's truck has are very nice and are great for towing b/c you keep the factory springs but there pricey
Old 12-03-2008, 11:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to ididntdoit5150 Send a message via Yahoo to ididntdoit5150
im sorry to have said heavy off roading. idk if what i am doing would be considered like that. but every few weeks im out in the sand (dunes and whoops and whatnot), but now and then i will also be doing dirt roads rocks and hill climbs. i do as much camping as possible and love to have fun with my truck when i do.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05powerstroke38/24s View Post
you can just put a coil spacer in there (leveling kit) will clear 40 thats what i had on mine now i have 38s same lift
would i need to get longer shocks for the front? also what about the rear? would it stay at the 8" and if so how level does the truck sit?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

If you lift it more than 2"...you'll definitely need new shocks
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ididntdoit5150 View Post
would i need to get longer shocks for the front? also what about the rear? would it stay at the 8" and if so how level does the truck sit?
The only people that make a 10" spring is Superlift...so use a spacer...either on top or under the spring....I have used both and kinda like the one that goes under the spring, and this is the way my Fabtech 10" spring set came...8" spring, and 2" spacer for under the spring.

You can get the 2" under spring spacers and new bolts to install them off Ebay a guy named Jason from Newton Lifts...hes super cool and easy to deal with...puts out nice stuff..solid billet.

You will probably need new shocks...cause most the time they shocks they sell you for an 8" lift are for a 6-8 to at 10" they would be maxed...if you have not bought shocks yet then buy them for a 10" and they will work perfect for the 8" as well.

One other thing you might need is an adjustable track bar to center the axle...the RIZE 8" kit will drop the bar down and have the axle centered with the 8" but after you bump it 2" it will move it over towards the driver side some....maybe not enough to matter...on mine I needed an adjustable track bar..bought the ICOM for less than $200 from caryt, a vendor here..its a super nice part.

In the rear you can go a few routes....the RIZE spring pack and a bigger block....a BIG block....my favorite...cause IMO you need traction bars at that height anyhow...AND I USE my truck every day towing and hauling heavy loads....so I like the factory capacity..get the OUO Traction Blocks...if you go 10" in the front, then order the 10" OUO setup with a 5* angle and take out your factory block...this will have you sitting very much level.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.