American force wheels - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
American force wheels

These things look great but i am really starting to hate them.

I have never had uncoated polished aluminum before and they are a real pain in the neck to keep clean. They just look cloudy a lot and i dont have the time to keep polishing them etc.

I am seriously debating having them chromed as that is so much easier to maintain and you do not have to be so concerned with what gets on them. My truck is on a construction site a lot and they are always getting filthy and stuff on them. I used to always just use wesleys bleach white and then pressure wash my wheels but i cannot do this with polished wheels.

Have any of you done this before with wheels and if so how involved is it? How much would i expect to pay and how long would it take? Also is there anyone that does this in the Knoxville TN area so i dont have to ship off the wheels, i could just drop the truck off instead.

Any help would be appreciated or any concerns you may have.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1544 View Post
These things look great but i am really starting to hate them.

I have never had uncoated polished aluminum before and they are a real pain in the neck to keep clean. They just look cloudy a lot and i dont have the time to keep polishing them etc.

I am seriously debating having them chromed as that is so much easier to maintain and you do not have to be so concerned with what gets on them. My truck is on a construction site a lot and they are always getting filthy and stuff on them. I used to always just use wesleys bleach white and then pressure wash my wheels but i cannot do this with polished wheels.

Have any of you done this before with wheels and if so how involved is it? How much would i expect to pay and how long would it take? Also is there anyone that does this in the Knoxville TN area so i dont have to ship off the wheels, i could just drop the truck off instead.

Any help would be appreciated or any concerns you may have.

Jonathan
I hear to get something chromed is a nice chunk of change.......what about cleaning the snot out of them and then have them powdercoated clear, it should be a fraction of the cost
Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure your gonna have to take the tires off and give them the wheels only. I priced it once and I think it was about 100 a wheel if they didn't have to fix anything but that was a long time ago.

I tried some stuff that seals them (can't remember the name if it right now) and it worked really well. It was a about as hard to apply as polishing them was but it really does work. It lasted about 6 months before I started seeing the dirt sticking to them again.

I'm in the same boat you are and will never buy polished wheels again.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM

i really am not sure what to do here but something has gotta give, after spending almost 10k on these dang wheels i should love the crap out of them and i am getting ready to throw them out of the window haha jk
Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 PM

10K????? WTF?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1544 View Post
i really am not sure what to do here but something has gotta give, after spending almost 10k on these dang wheels i should love the crap out of them and i am getting ready to throw them out of the window haha jk
No wait.....I"ll take'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
10K????? WTF?
Yup American Force is real proud of them.......my choice was between those or 170 a wheel rockstars......... but for 10K I would be pissed that they get so dirty and dull like that
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Well I guess I don't have anything to be pissed about since mine were only about $600 for all four. I'd be chunking those american forces through the manufacturers window if I was you.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:21 PM

dont get me wrong they are sweeet, and the 10k was with the tires and shipping etc. i love the wheels and would not change them i just wish they were easier to keep clean, thats all. Also dont forget that mine is a dually so i have 6 wheels and tires to buy, and i had to pay to have them machined down to a 22 from a 22.5, and then an adapter bc i have a 450, it all adds up
Old 09-24-2008, 02:34 PM

Oh, ok. That sounds more reasonable. I'll get the name of that sealant tonight if you want to try it. I still have some in my fridge (you have to keep it cool otherwise it will go bad).
Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM

yeah let me know, i have tried a product that american force sent me and it is not that great, i have also tried the alcoa 3 step cleaning system and that is not so great either. These compounds leave little scratch or swirl marks. I guess the best way to explain it is a car with black paint that has not been washed properly and ou have all those circular scratch marks but yet it can still look clean and shiny, that is how my wheels are, but i want a mirror finish not this brushed look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.