I installed some fog lamps (my 2008 XLT didn't come with). I ordered the OEM Ford Fog lamps from 1A Auto and the Wiring kit from another Ford parts dealer off of Ebay (64 for both fog lights and around 34 for the harness free shipping).
1. I unscrewed the plastic cover and removed where the fog lamps install.
2. I installed the fog lights in place (getting the passenger side in seems impossible because of the hood latch release being in the way from the top, but it will fit through the bottom of the bumper very tight with some careful and precise maneuvering; seems impossible but don't give up if you try, just be gingerly).
3. I hooked up the wiring harness and attached to the bumper holes with the plug in sumbi***es they come with.
4. I then plugged said wiring harness into fog lights and then to the grey power plug (after removing grey plug cover that comes plugged into it) located on the driver side near the headlamp.
4. I turned on the parking lights and walked around to the front of the truck and said a bad word because the fog lights didn't come on.
5. I checked the #21 15amp fuse on the fog light relay in the passenger side fuse box; it was there and good.
Finally my question after all that:
Why don't the fog lights turn on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I know this is a diesel forum and I'm asking about my gasoline F250. Please forgive me (but I do own a 2005 6.0L Excursion).
Hey thanks a bunch for reading and taking time to try to help.