Outside Hidden CB Antenna - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Outside Hidden CB Antenna

I was just curious on different places everyone have mounted their CB antenna's. I would like to keep it hidden. I know it will reduce the length it will reach and I'm ok with that. Let me know what you've done. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 05:12 AM

Check these out-http://www.amazon.com/K40-K40A-57-25-Antenna-Stainless/dp/B000FSADEA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384956603&sr=8-2&keywords=k40

They have good transmit/receive. They are very strog and the great thing is you can just take off the main antenna part with just a twist and toss it in the truck.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:06 PM

That whip antenna wouldn't really meet his request for the antenna to be hidden.

This is actually one of my winter projects, I'm installing a CB radio and 2m Ham radio into a custom box between my center console and the dash. I'm going to replace the AM/FM antenna with a 2' or 3' Firestick CB antenna and use a AM/FM/CB splitter so it can pull double duty as both my CB antenna and my AM/FM antenna. If you did this few people would probably recognize that you have a CB.

I need 2 antennas, so I'll also mount a short black 1/4 wave antenna for the 2m radio on the roof near the 3rd brake light.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:07 PM

Walcott Radio is a good source for CB stuff, this is the splitter I was talking about: CLICK THIS LINK
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What are you using as a base to replace the built in am/fm antenna? How difficult is it to get to the am/fm antenna plug in the back of the radio? What brand CB are you going to use? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsudkamp View Post
What are you using as a base to replace the built in am/fm antenna? How difficult is it to get to the am/fm antenna plug in the back of the radio? What brand CB are you going to use?
I have the Cobra 25 LTD, I have dual 3 ft Firesticks. Im thinking I can run the coax through the headrest to somewhere.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsudkamp View Post
What are you using as a base to replace the built in am/fm antenna? How difficult is it to get to the am/fm antenna plug in the back of the radio? What brand CB are you going to use? Sorry for all the questions.
All of this is pretty simple if your comfortable taking things apart and have a basic knowledge of electronics and wires. I haven't started the project yet but I've done similar things on other vehicles. I'll post a thread about the install when I actually start working on it.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Hey I got a idea for you guys....have you guys ever watched that submarine movie Cremson Tide? Remember when they reeled out the ultra low frequency antenna? You guys could get a steel whip antenna and when you want to talk you let it out from under the truck....when your all done reel it back in! It be hidden and work well.....may throw some sparks but who cares.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Premium Member

I'd also like a hidden antenna and just found this. It's meant for a Harley bike but I would think you'd be able to put it into a truck just as easy.

I have no idea how well it works though

J M Flexpower in Fairing Hidden CB Antenna Harley FLHT | eBay
Old 11-21-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kf350 View Post
Did some reseach, it wasn't coming out good. Found this on a motorcycle forum. Seem to be running into walls every direction. Haha.

Review of J&Mís new FLEXPOWER CB antenna - Harley Davidson Forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.