tuff country 5" reviews please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tuff country 5" reviews please!

Local shops tell me what they want to sell THIER kits but wont tell me anything more > im frusterated! im considering the tuff country 5" lift for my 08 f350 harley.

is it a decent kit? i mostly drive unloaded with the occasional 5th wheel holiday ( 18000lbs ). not looking for wild lift just a basic smooth affordable one.
what would be better if anything?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 05:07 PM

ive heard they are good, but ride ruffer than anyother
Old 08-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Emergency Services

not sure of the Tuff Country but I have had great luck with my Skyjacker. It sounds like you are looking for the same thing I was when I bought my lift. It rides as good as stock and havent had any problems with it.
My best friend owns the shop that lifted my truck and he recomended Skyjacker or Fabtech. When I was lifting mine Fabtec wasnt making a kit yet.
Good Luck.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:23 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You typically get what you pay for when it comes to lifts..little money worse ride quality and cheap shocks, more $$ better ride and shocks that will last the life of the truck.

If you want a very good riding truck look at a Icon, Rize etc.
Cary
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 AM

The 6" Fabtech Radius arm drop is a good affordable kit. That's what I have but used Bilsteins instead of the Fabtech shocks. It rides great and looks great too. The whole kit installed with the upgraded shocks was only $2,200.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
You typically get what you pay for when it comes to lifts..little money worse ride quality and cheap shocks, more $$ better ride and shocks that will last the life of the truck.

If you want a very good riding truck look at a Icon, Rize etc.
Cary
I will have to strongly disagree with that statement.
I had an 8" rize with traction bars installed on my 08 F350 - rode great on the hwy or probably if you play in the sand - But if you actually use your truck on gravel roads - wash board - it hammers out the heim jnts in no time then you have a rattle trap.

Finally had time to replace the rize radius arms with Pure Performance radius arms - all I can say is what a HUGE differance - I have a new truck again.
Now I can use 4 wheel drive again - could not with the rize.

Where I live were having a BIG problem with the Rize kits - cant handle oilfield use. I find out after the fact.

If your truck is a pavement queen - the Rize might be fine - looks geat, just need to ditch the heim jnts for some aplications.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro7100 View Post
not sure of the Tuff Country but I have had great luck with my Skyjacker. It sounds like you are looking for the same thing I was when I bought my lift. It rides as good as stock and havent had any problems with it.
My best friend owns the shop that lifted my truck and he recomended Skyjacker or Fabtech. When I was lifting mine Fabtec wasnt making a kit yet.
Good Luck.
yeah your truck has the exact look that i want for mine!! ive saved the pic of your truck a few days ago to reference to, haha. but yeah thats what i want.

could you tell me more about it? tire size and rim size and offfset. please and thankyou.

if possible i would like to keep my factory 20x9 wheels and put 35x13.50's on. i have 33x13.50 on now.

thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.