Homemade lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Homemade lift

Lots of pics....if yall want anything specific I will take another pic.

10" Fabtech up front....its actually freaking 8" springs and a 2" puck...I did not find this out until after they arrived...no big deal.

Icon Racing Adjustable Trak Bar

OUO 10" Traction Blocks...BAD ARSE.....look at the 3/4" u bolts and the top plates....first class no doubt.

Fabtech 2.25 Rezzie shocks all the way around.

Comparison pics with my EX and my wifes car

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 05:08 PM

Looks good!!! I wouldnt mind seeing a shorter block setup w/taller springs though. But I do like how they incorperated the traction bars w/the blocks.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460+ View Post
Looks good!!! I wouldnt mind seeing a shorter block setup w/taller springs though. But I do like how they incorperated the traction bars w/the blocks.
See thats the beauty of the OUO setup....the block and bar are one part.......this way you keep your factory springs.....and with that you keep your factory ride and load carrying capacity.

You can buy all the National, Deaver, etc springs you want....they all SUCK if you want to use your truck as a TRUCK and haul and tow with it.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM

Thats true, Im not a big fan on blocks but that design is killer.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460+ View Post
Thats true, Im not a big fan on blocks but that design is killer.
I dont like big blocks either...but these are not like regular blocks at all...they CANNOT spit out...no way possible lest the ubolts break, and they are all 3/4" HUGE

Its really nothing like a regular big block setup at all...its the top of the line that you can do...to be honest...well IMO.

If you call up some place like Truck Toyz and ask for say an 8-10" kit for a F250 they will recommend going with OUO Traction blocks in the rear....these are not CHEAP at ALL.....I got a good deal....I think...at $1450
Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 PM

BTW...I have almost NO driveline shudder at take off, ZERO axle wrap even with 500 horses ar the wheels...and the ride is amazing....I thnik almost too soft in the front, I am going to make sure the shocks have the full nitrogen charge in them tomorrow.

Riding is it is dang near like riding in a stock truck cept you can see everyone better....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
Riding is it is dang near like riding in a stock truck cept you can see everyone better....
unless they are close to the truck

Seriously though i dig the trac/blocks. When I get around to actually modding this truck it will look strangely like yours.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM

1450?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Well they say a fool and his money are soon parted!!!! ORU is a reputable company which Im sure has to pay their engineers but come on. The truck looks nice but using the truck to still pull 20,000#'s. I cant see it doing it, at least not very fast or tearing up the tranny, rear end, or what ever else. Believe me, I know from experience. I'm not tryin to rag on you too much but when you say, "You can buy all the National, Deaver, etc springs you want....they all SUCK if you want to use your truck as a TRUCK and haul and tow with it." you mean to really tell me youre gonna max out the GCVW???
BTW what part is home made??? All the parts are over the counter, hows that homemade??

Last edited by lilredpowerstroke; 07-31-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredpowerstroke View Post
1450?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Well they say a fool and his money are soon parted!!!! ORU is a reputable company which Im sure has to pay their engineers but come on. The truck looks nice but using the truck to still pull 20,000#'s. I cant see it doing it, at least not very fast or tearing up the tranny, rear end, or what ever else. Believe me, I know from experience. I'm not tryin to rag on you too much but when you say, "You can buy all the National, Deaver, etc springs you want....they all SUCK if you want to use your truck as a TRUCK and haul and tow with it." you mean to really tell me youre gonna max out the GCVW???
BTW what part is home made??? All the parts are over the counter, hows that homemade??

Why be such ah cawkhead?

I said homemade...sorry should have said put redneck put together....my bad

And non I am not gonna tow 20K

I have a 10K toyhauler loaded tows perfectly fine....towed my boat today, 4500K plus, and tomorrow I will haul 15 squares of shingles in the bed.

Day after that I will tow my bobcat 873 over to a job then I will again haul my boat to the water.

So yeah....I sure as $hit can use mine as a TRUCK without it squatting like a chevy with a brick in it.

No its not the same as a stock tired, geared, dually.....but that not what I need, I dont haul 20K plus every day.....I drive this every day, and nee to use it for more than a 1/2 ton can easily handle.

I stand by my statement....buy yourself a set of 10" lift deavers....they ride great....but then put 5000lbs in the bed.....it will ride on the bumpstops.....I have done it.....
Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 PM

Cool pics! Been looking for some pictures of the Fabtech 10". Just curious, why use the Icon adj. trac bar? What did the Fabtech come with for the trac bar and rear lift? I'm thinking about going with the Fabtech or Superlift 10" with coil overs...or build my own, just can't decide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.