2010 New Rear Bumper & Now Backup Assist - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 New Rear Bumper & Now Backup Assist

Ok gents, I've recently bought a '10 f-250. The rear bumper must have been replaced because I have the reverse parking aid sensors but I don't have the button in the cab beside the 4x4 switch on the dash. I looked under the truck and also noticed that the rear license plate lights are tied into the same harness, which is not plugged in (or compatible with). The bumper and its associated reverse aid sensors have an 8 pin male connector whereas the truck has a 4 pin female connector.

I'm thinking about selling the wiring harness, the 4 sensors, and then buying a regular wiring harness with only the two license plate lights that have the 4 pin connector.

Does this sound accurate or would my XLT have the stuff where I only have to add a new "dash plate" to get the use of the parking aid stuff? I don't really want it but I do want my rear plate lights to work.

Let me know what you all think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
The 2010 model year trucks didn't have the dedicated rear parking aid button on the dash (at least my 2010 Lariat doesn't). When I put my truck in reverse the reverse on/off option appears on the information panel of the dash (i.e. where the odometer is). It is here where you can turn it on and off with the "Reset|Setup|Info" buttons.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 AM

I'm not too worried about keeping the reverse sensors. Seems like the previous owner replaced the rear bumper and just so happened to replace it with one that had the sensors in it. It just sucks that I can even have rear plate lights.

Not sure what I'm going to do. Might just start calling salvage yards for the 'non reverse aid' rear bumper wiring harness. I cannot seem to find them online.

Are there any good, reputable suppliers for these super duty's like Dodge has with Geno's Garage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.