Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Adjusting Headlights

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ZeroOne 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to adjust my headlights and face them down some? My truck is lifted and I have HID lights and they point straight out.I also got a ticket the other night for them and then the following night a cop told me something for having them, but both said that I need to adjust them.

#3 ·
It's an E5 torx. Not to be confused with the screwdriver type, the "E" style is a socket. It is located on the back of the headlight pointing upwards. A 1/4" drive socket wrench, with long extension, and the E5 torx socket is what you need. A total pain in the a$$ to find too. Most stores including Napa, VIP, etc., all stock the socket torx sets from E6-up. I borrowed one from the shop that does all my work and made the adjustment. Took a grand total of 5minutes with the right tool. You may be able to order online. In the owners manual, it shows the step by step on how to measure and tape off the wall, so you have a template to adjust to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.