Recon Side mirror light install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Recon Side mirror light install

Need help...Any one install the lights for the side mirrors? I downloaded the in instructions from recon and am having a hard time figuring out which clips are supposed to be released. Which side of the cover is supposed to come off, the front cover non mirror side, or rear cover on the mirror side? I don't want just start prying at things and break something or bugger the covers up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Emergency Services

False Alarm

False alarm!!! The lights came with no instructions in or on the box. So I downloaded intruction from recon only realize the direction were for up to 07's Anyway, I wasted about an hour trying to make sense of directions for the wrong vehicle only figure out there is only one clip per light and you don't even have to take off the the mirror cover.

It takes about 5 min to change both. Simply toe in the mirrors and with a flathead screw driver pop the clip and slide the light out. Take the bulbs out of the old assemblies and plug in the recon plugs into bulb holder and slide it back into place keeping the bulb holders out of the way of the clip and you're done.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Adam, just did mine last week. Move your top mirror all the way to the outside as far as it will go. Look under the mirror on the lower left side(drivers side mirror) and you'll see a silver tab. Take a flat screwdriver and push it towards the front of the mirror and the stock light will pop out. The hardest part is after you connect the new one(check and make sure its hooked up right and working), you have to stuff the connectors behind into the middle of the mirror body. good luck. Hogman
Old 03-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
sweet what color did you end up going with?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
I did my mirror lights and hated how they fit. i had to shim them to fit tight. oh, and i got NO help from RECON.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
SMOKE ROLLER

Hey Rob,

Don't forget to add me to the "HAD TO SHIM" list...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
sweet what color did you end up going with?
Raul,
Smoke.. looks pretty good but the fit could be a little better. Lens cover doesn't sit flush with reflector side and there is a little gap between the two pieces.

Hogman,
Thanks for the info. I ended up figuring it out, and it was just as you said. It was cinch.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Oh yeah, sorry buddy! no hard feelins!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandBoy View Post
Raul,
Smoke.. looks pretty good but the fit could be a little better. Lens cover doesn't sit flush with reflector side and there is a little gap between the two pieces.

you should call them or email them and complain. they tried to tell me it was my fault and my truck was manufactured wrong. they said that there was no way their product was manufactured badly. let them know,maybe they will finally fix it for future customers!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
you should call them or email them and complain. they tried to tell me it was my fault and my truck was manufactured wrong. they said that there was no way their product was manufactured badly. let them know,maybe they will finally fix it for future customers!!!!!!!!!!
OK, maybe I will give it a try...I tried to call when I was trying to figure how install but I was too late, I'm 6hrs behind EST and they were closed already. I'm not that impressed with their customer service if they didn't help you out, what makes you think they'll listen to me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.