Looking into front bumpers and steps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking into front bumpers and steps

So i did some trading with a guy who owns a truck accesory place and he gave me $2,000 in store credit. Im thinking i want to get some new steps and a new front bumper.

Im currently thinking the RBP style steps for my truck, definitely want to stick with something black.

As for the front bumper though, what is everyones suggestion? I want to stick with a pre-runner style bumper. I was thinking the Addictive Desert Designs Stealth winch front bumper. But if you have any suggestions throw them out there because im open to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rbp is generally overpriced, nfab are the original designers of those style steps and they're cheaper.
Amp steps are very nice but pricey, and hidden

Addictive are great bumpers, seen them in person.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Alright thanks. Ill check out N-fab I didn't know that. But yeah I really like the ADD bumpers. I want something I can put a led light bar on and I really like the looks of their style bumpers.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM

You can put a lightbar in the stock bumper. I have NFab steps and I'm not the biggest fan of them. I find the step is too small to be useful/practical but it might work for you. They definitely look good just the function isn't really there in my opinion. Not sure if the RBP steps are any better or not but I'd go and look at them in person prior to buying them. I didn't and I prefer my stockers over them.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM

I like n-fab steps got them on my truck, look good and seem to work just fine, but if I had the money I'd go for amp steps lot cleaner....
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 AM

I have N-Fab steps on my CCLB, 3 steps per side. The extra step in the back is great for getting into my toolbox or grabbing stuff out of the front of the bed. They're sturdy, they look nice, and they're reasonably priced. I replaced factory running boards that were cracked and broken, and didn't go back further than the cab.

Honestly, while I like the bars, I'd prefer full wheel-to-wheel running boards over these bars with steps. The steps are a little small, with room for just one foot, so I had to change the way I get in and out of the truck. Also, with the bars I get a lot more dirt from the road on the sides of my truck.

I figure I have half as much money invested in these bars over what I could get nice running boards for, so I'm OK with it, but if I had to do it over again I'd probably spend the extra money and get boards. Just my opinion.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Adams View Post
I have N-Fab steps on my CCLB, 3 steps per side. The extra step in the back is great for getting into my toolbox or grabbing stuff out of the front of the bed. They're sturdy, they look nice, and they're reasonably priced. I replaced factory running boards that were cracked and broken, and didn't go back further than the cab.

Honestly, while I like the bars, I'd prefer full wheel-to-wheel running boards over these bars with steps. The steps are a little small, with room for just one foot, so I had to change the way I get in and out of the truck. Also, with the bars I get a lot more dirt from the road on the sides of my truck.

I figure I have half as much money invested in these bars over what I could get nice running boards for, so I'm OK with it, but if I had to do it over again I'd probably spend the extra money and get boards. Just my opinion.
Wanna trade for factory running boards??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-28-2013, 05:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nfab s look nice and are pretty cheap but the step is little and when wet is slick as ice. I just took mine off
Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

RBP is way overpriced. THere stuff is cool, but to me not worth it. A lot of other awesome stuff out there thats of good quality and cheaper. My next bumper will be the Smittybilt M1
and a set of AMP Steps is next for me unless i blow my engine up! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.