Road Armor bumpers/Road armor experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rdkl Send a message via Yahoo to rdkl
Road Armor bumpers/Road armor experience

Hey guys. I was curious if anyone else here has gotten the Road Armor bumpers. I have had a very long/poor experience and am wondering if anyone else has had the same problems.

Let me start off by saying I love their bumpers despite all of the issues I am having dealing with them. I would consider buying their bumpers again.

I ordered my bumpers (both front and year) the first week of Aug and was told to expect them towards the end of Sept. Towards the end of September, I was told early October, then late October, etc etc. I finally was shipped the bumpers in December only after I called to cancel the order and get my money back. Once that happened they claimed they could get them out to me that day (actually took them almost 2 more weeks). (this is a condesed part as there were a few calls in here with no response, then an excuse that they were moving production shops which they are all using again for an explanation for delays now)

Unfortunately, only the front bumper fit. The rear was 4 inches off from the mounting points and missing several parts. They did finally have a shipping company pick it up after I had to send multiple measurements and photos. Since then I am getting no real responses and have no idea how many more months I am going to wait for a rear bumper which I have now already been charged for.

As for the front bumper, it is awesome. Unfortunately it did not come with any instructions. There is supposed to be a mounting place for the hood release latch which is currently just hanging behind the bumper. I have called and emailed several times and was told there is a place for it but then never manage to tell me where. We are going to go ahead and fab our own bracket.

I have asked to speak to a manager and was told the only other person to speak to was the owner and when I asked to have him call I was told "don't count on it".

Has anyone else dealt with Road Armor and have similar experiences? This isnt a post to discourage folks from dealing with Road Armor. I am just interested in finding out if this is a common issue or if I just got really really unlucky. I do like their bumpers and would recommend the product. Its just dealing with the company that I am unsure about... I am figuring it will take them several months to get the correct rear bumper out to me just like it all did in the first place.

Last edited by rdkl; 01-02-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I tried to deal with them when I had my 05 GMC, Good luck I canceled my order and went with FabFours and fell in love with thier fit and finish!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
The Fat Mod

Good luck with it. Sorry you are having so much trouble. Keep us updated and I would love to see some pics when you get time.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:02 PM

ya, i would like some pics too. Or if anyone else has it installed, im debating on getting the front one for myself.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love dem bumpers... the price has always stood in my way of getting one.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i also would love some pics.
sorry to hear you are having so many problems with them. i will say you are a better guy then me, i would have totally lost it by now.
good luck and I hope they get you sorted out soon.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 PM

just search for "road armor bumpers".... I just found them, and for those prices i would lose control for anything less than perfection.... i have an 08 KR 350 srw 4k mi and girl piled it up new years bout 1 am, waiting on insurance company before i take it to the dealer, its bad, took a 30 mph left front blow to concrete barrier rail, i broke the windshield with my head, messed up my knee, numerous coolers leaking in the front, frame horn, bent hood fender bumper into wheel, scraped wheel, no ps pb no 4x4 shes sick was supposed to take it in today for my rearview camera and the recalled belt tensioner...........
Old 01-03-2008, 06:34 AM

I was hoping there would be some positive experiences to help me have some faith that they will make this good. They haven't returned any calls/emails since before Christmas. I was hoping it was because of the Holidays but they still aren't responding and the messages on the phone don't say anything about being out of the office. If I don't make some progress by tomorrow I will probably get my credit card company involved and then find someone else to make me a rear bumper.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I took some pics of the front bumper this morning when I got to work but I dont have the right cable for the camera so I will post the pics when I get home this afternoon.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:50 PM

Still can't get anything out of em.

Here are the pics as promised. Sorry the quality isnt the greatest. Lighting was poor when I took these and I am not sure when its going to be dry again here
Attached Thumbnails
Road Armor bumpers/Road armor experience-truck1.jpg   Road Armor bumpers/Road armor experience-truck2.jpg   Road Armor bumpers/Road armor experience-truck3.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

hate to hear about your problems, I was looking into purchasing a set myself, but maybe I'll look around a bit, maybe the fabfour guys will do me right ??? your truck looks great. love the all black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.