Single wheel to dually??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Single wheel to dually???

Alright guys I know there kits out there to convert a single wheeled truck to a dually. And they sell wheels and adapters and all that I've looked into it. My question to you are on the rear I see they sell rear adapters with kits but is that to put on before the dually wheels or is it for in between the wheels for more clearance for wider tires? Bc I have a lifted 08 6.4 6sp manual truck and am looking to turn it into a dually bc it's a f250 now. Looking to do this just for stability bc my welding rig and bed weigh bout 3k and single wheel 6" lift and 35s gets a Lil squirly in the corners and just would like to convert it instead of buyin new truck. Bc I love my 6.4 matched with a 6sp man. Great work truck. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Been there done that Look into Arrowcraft adapters if I remember correctly they have it all. Been a while since I did mine, and have never looked back. BUT I will say this I did not trust myslf to line up the Fiberglass rear fenders and drill the alignment holes in my bed So the way I went was a semi local truck yard, bought an OEM dually bed complete with wiring harness and all. Plus a Dana 80 in which i had an ARB and gears to match the front end. Should have went with 4:30 ratio instead of 4:88 on 37"s Hope this helps
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya I've looked at them and the fender I'm not to worried about putting on bc Ive got an all steel welding rig bed going on it but I was just making are u didn't have to put the spacer in between the rear wheel hub then bolt both wheels on cause if so I won't be able to run duals if that's the case any way bc the wider tires but thanks for the advice I may have to just call em and see
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Premium Member

Yes I do run a 2" spacer in between mine but, I also have 16" rims with swamppers If your going to run street tread you might find a narrow tire to fit without spacers
Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya ik I would have to run one between the rims but I'm just making sure I don't have to run one in between the hub and the first wheel not being a 1 ton or a dually axle. Cuz there's no way ima turn my truck back to stock height to run duals
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you looked into upgraded sway bars? Like the ones from hellwig, heck my truck doesn't even have a rear sway bar. I hear they can make a big difference, and they would probably be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

Agree with 44mag and also what is your sidewall height right now? Cause not to change your mind, but a different thought, is buying new rims and tires along with sway bars if you don't have um. Thinner sidwalls will build stability. I do advise a billet rims due to the tools weight. There are guys on here that have cracked rims with no weight.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya I'll look into it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.