Ranch Hand fog light mounting? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ranch Hand fog light mounting?

Ok so I finally got my bumper mounted and I went to install my fog lights and I'm a little confused, all that's there is this little bracket with two holes in it, obviously those are for the attaching the foglight, but how do you keep the light from moving around? Right now the light would probably swing back and forth while driving. On the factory bracket there are 3 bolts, the bottom one is used to aim the fog light. Anyway, here are a few pics. This is the bracket, This is with my fog light where It goes, but there is nothing for the bottom adjusting screw to hold on to?
What does ranch hand do when you have them install it? I'm betting someone on here had ranch hand install theirs, could someone please go look at how its done? Maby snap a pic?? I would greatly appreciate it.
Also what is this bracket for? its only on the passenger side, and its right by the hood release lever
Thanks in advance guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM

If you can wait till tomorrow, I will take some pics of my OEM fogs on my RH replacement. From what I remember, I installed the replacement not a dealer, I used some nuts and bolts and tightened that sucker down where it wouldnt move.

I wasnt really pleased with the mounting location and bracket for the factory fogs. The fogs sit back from the perforated opening, not allowing the full amount of light to shine out.

I do love my front and rear replacements, even if it adds an 300 pounds over stock.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Here are the pics I said I would get you....

As you can see in the two pics below, I used that bracket to zip tie my coolant hose too.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Thanks Atwoojr! I really appreciate the pics and the help, I didn't think that would hold them steady but if it works who am I to argue? I'll put them on later.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 PM

My lights havent moved yet...Like I said earlier, i tightened the heck out of them. On a side note, I am curious as to what that one bracket is also, any guesses what it could be for?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 PM

Well I have searching a bunch and I think it's a "hood release bracket", apparently trucks made before 05/07 had the hood release bolted to the bumper. But why they put it on our 08-10 bumpers, I have no idea.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
My fogs have never moved and they are mounted just like atwoojr's lights. Been on there for 3 years and no issues.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud2k View Post
My fogs have never moved and they are mounted just like atwoojr's lights. Been on there for 3 years and no issues.
Blackcloud, does it seem like a lot more light could come from your fogs? I feel like my fogs are pushed way back and not 100% of light comes from the opening....
Old 11-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
There is a small, tad bit of light that reflects behind the bumper, but most of my light comes out. I think it is a insignificant amount of light that is blocked. With HID's in my housings I dont really notice. My lights are pretty darn close to the expanded metal though. How far back are yours?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM

OOO id say about an inch and a half back or so....Seems a little far back from the expanded metal. Im ok with where they are, and its not a big enough deal for me to cut the brackets off and reweld them closer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.