Mini light bar for tail gate? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini light bar for tail gate?

Anyone ever used the mini light bar with reverse lights from Recon on their superduty? (Ive searched and couldnt find anything, so if theres a thread on it I must have over looked it)
Heres a link:
Part # 26418BKW - SMOKED 15" Mini LED Tailgate Bar w Reverse

Anyways, Ive been thinking about getting one to mount under the tail gate. Mostly so I can have the reverse lights when Im backing up. With my tails being tinted its a mofo to see at night when backing up! My plan was to buy the "smoked" light so hopefully you cant even see it under there unless its turned on. I will probably just wire up the 3 running lights as well as the reverse lights. I dont really want it to come on when hitting the brakes or turn signal. Just wondering if anyone else had one on their truck and if you like it etc. I know a lot of guys have trouble with Recon lights as well. Thanks fellas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Curious as to how these mini bars look. Was thinking of putting a couple on either side of the tailgate lip since I already have a lightbar in the center. As far as issues with Recon, I too read the same threads but I still decided to take the plunge and bought their taillights, thrid brake light, and mirror lights. Have had no issues with them flickering or dead LEDs. I have seen dead LEDs on some of the full length tailgate bars though and the Big Rig lights. I had an unrelated issue with my taillight and they replaced it. I'd buy from them again.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

For the most part I cant really say anything about the small tailgate strips, only trucks I've seen them on are dually's with one in the center, looks pretty good. I prefer the bigger ones. As far as quality goes I have one of Recons' lightbars that have both the tail and reverse lights and its lasted 6 yrs and 2 trucks. So they are pretty solid in my book, Their 3rd brake lights on the other hand are garbage, IMHO. Had one on my 06, was a smoked LED one, lasted 2 months then one row of LEDs went and then another 1 more month. But Recons' LED bulbs for the cab lights are great, and same with the mirror lenses.

James.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Curious as to how these mini bars look. Was thinking of putting a couple on either side of the tailgate lip since I already have a lightbar in the center. As far as issues with Recon, I too read the same threads but I still decided to take the plunge and bought their taillights, thrid brake light, and mirror lights. Have had no issues with them flickering or dead LEDs. I have seen dead LEDs on some of the full length tailgate bars though and the Big Rig lights. I had an unrelated issue with my taillight and they replaced it. I'd buy from them again.
Don't you have enough lights on the back end of that thing :

Hahaha
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Don't you have enough lights on the back end of that thing :

Hahaha
You can never have enough lights. At least, that's the way I think. Makes hunting, driving through the bush, and hanging around the ranch a lot easier when you can see just as well at night as during the day. I want the Recon mini bars that don't have the white revers lights. At least, I think that's what I want. Maybe once I see these, I'll cave and get the bars that have the reverse lights.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
You can never have enough lights. At least, that's the way I think. Makes hunting, driving through the bush, and hanging around the ranch a lot easier when you can see just as well at night as during the day. I want the Recon mini bars that don't have the white revers lights. At least, I think that's what I want. Maybe once I see these, I'll cave and get the bars that have the reverse lights.
I know. I love lights. I would love to do some running lights down the side. I installed the oem dually clearance light that goes under the tailgate on my 2010. It looks good but I still wish I had something that kit up all the way across the tailgate
Old 10-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
I know. I love lights. I would love to do some running lights down the side. I installed the oem dually clearance light that goes under the tailgate on my 2010. It looks good but I still wish I had something that kit up all the way across the tailgate
where did you get the factory light?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_King_Ranch View Post
where did you get the factory light?
I bought it directly from ford, I don't know the part number off hand but I can find it if ya send me a pm. All you have to do is tap into the license plate lights and your set
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM

Anyone know how these lightbars are wired? Was thinking of running two of them but am unsure if I can wire them so I can get all the LEDs as running lights, brake lights, and turn signals. Recon's site recommends three of them but I don't see why people would want what's in the picture below if they have multiple lightbars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.