inner rear fender liner? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
inner rear fender liner?

Does anyone know if someone makes a rear inner fender liner for the F250? I hit a deer antler on the way home and when I hit it with the front tire it actually exploded in to a million pieces. Part of it went completely in to the tire and its to big of a hole to be patched. The rear tire picked up some of the pieces and slung then in to the bed since we do not have fender liners. It actually dented the truck from the inside out just below the fuel door. If anyone knows of a company making them please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I made my own out if some rubber I have. Had to dril a hold into the bed into the fender well of inside the bed. I just make sure u hit the metal with some paint. Other than that I used all holes that were already there. Let me know if ya want me to try to get some pics up
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 AM

sorry to just now get back to this.. Could you post some pics? I would much rather make something for a few dollars than to pay $50 for two pieces of plastic.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM

yeah, i can take some when i get home this afternoon. send me a pm if i dont post them by tonight.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 AM

I got prices on all of the liners from Ford. I just dont know if I can front $60 for two pieces of plastic liner. Can anyone post a pic of the front liner installed? I also found out that they offer an upper liner also. I believe it was close to $60 for each side. I had been debating buying the front liners and on the way home last night I seen a big rig mud flap on the side of the road. I pulled over and picked it up... You never know what you might "need" if for. Well, it is about 1/8" thick hard plastic.. hmmm.. home made fender liner? I might take my dads fender liner off of his 04 F250 and see if it fits and then use it as a go by to make my own. I figured its worth a shot.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM

here are some pics, sorry it took so long. hopefully they turn out alright. Just got this Iphone and still figuring things out

they are just cut out of rubber that is about 1/8" thick.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM

Thanks man. That is what I needed to see. How did you keep the inside bottom end up? Did you zip tie it to the bar behind it?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM

i got ya

Old 10-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks bud. Here is what I ended up doing. I went to a local salvage yard. Found a 1993 F250 (before 05 Ford always put these on from the factory). I went with the 93 F250, well, because I didnt have an option... That was the only full size Ford they had. The liners were about an inch too big. I took the liner off of my dads 04 F250, traced it out on the "new" liner. Cut it out and installed it just like the factory $70 liners! I am 100% happy with my $10 liners! I tried some from a Ranger. They are actually longer but about 2" narrower. None of the F150's on the lot had a front or back liner. After looking at these liners I am pretty sure the ones that come factory on the rear (only $18 each at Ford) will bolt right up on the front. I just think they are ripping guys off!! Thanks again for your pics. They were helpful in getting me motivated to do my own!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 PM

I think I traced my first set off our old 99 7.3 for my 2005. Then when I got the 2010 I traced them from the 05. I helps keep the salt from going everywhere and rusting fenders out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.