Lifts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lifts

Alright so i hook up to trailers twice a day so i really dont want to much lift ive been lookin at the rough country lifts but i really want a true 4inches, not 3.5 or 3. is this a good choicw? also i wanna drop the back probably 2 inches what would be the easiest and savest rout for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

08 250 extc lb
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM

I'm a little confused here, maybe I just read your post wrong...It seems like you want to lift the front but drop the back? Are you going for the california pre-runner look type of thing or are you looking for a way to drop the rear temporarily to hook up to trailers i.e. a full air system on the rear? I have a 2.5" level kit up front with 5" blocks in the rear, and if I took out the blocks and put the factory 2" or so blocks back in I would be dragging ***, so I can't imagine being 4" up front and having no block in the rear as it seems you're suggesting, you'd be looking at the clouds as you drive...if you really want to lower the rear statically by 2" you should just leave the front end stock height or even out in 5.4 coils, effectively lowering you're whole truck. Unless I've completely misunderstood you're idea then hopefully this helps a bit.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

You might want to re-word your post.

Lift the front 4" and lower the back 2"

Doesn't make much since to me. You can easily tow with a 4" lift if you have a good kit and the correct drop hitch.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

srry i can see how its a littl confusing lol i have never really done any suspension work especially lifts just alot of motor. I want it to "squat" is what alot of people call it in the back i want it to sit at an angle pemanetly lol i guess 2 in is a lttle much like on older style gassers crankin up the tortion keys to make the front end sit a little higher. Maybe like drop shackles or something? idk help lol
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 PM

It's all good, I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying...As i mentioned before, it seems you're after the "pre-runner" look where the rear end is lower than the front. If you google it or even browse around the forums here you'll see some examples of it. There's two separate threads running right now in the 6.4 categories, one labeled let's see your lifted 6.4's ( or something to that effect ). The other one is a thread about seeing the trucks working. In both of these threads you'll see great pictures of trucks lifted and working to give you a better idea of the look you're after.
As for your query though you can certainly lift the front end with any number of kits out there to get the 4" you're looking for, and just leave the rear alone. The stock block on an F250 is approximately 2" thick, and the truck sits slightly lower in the front from the factory. So by adding 4" to the front and leaving the rear alone, you will effectively give yourself around 2-3" rake to the rear as opposed to the front, i.e. pre-runner look. Now if it is the look you're after then this is the way to go. However if you think you have to keep the rear low to tow then as mazsecond said you can just get a drop hitch and a decent lift kit to maximize towing while still getting the full lift you want. Sorry for the rant but I hope this makes sense to you. Do a few searches in the different forums and you'll come up with a million different threads about lifts and so on to help you decide what company fits your needs best.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya man thnx so much so pre runner is the official name we all ways have stupid names like bull dogin lol alright will do and no if fine with the haulin aspect as long as its not harder on the truck i alreadygot a drop hitch goosenecks might be a pain but then again its only 4 in and even with the pre runner not even that in the back
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 4.5" RC lift in the front and 3" lift PMF blocks in the rear. I have a gooseneck hooked up to my truck often. As long as you can adjust your neck, you can get the trailers close to level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.