New 6.4 Owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool New 6.4 Owner

Well I am picking up my 6.4 this weekend. 2008 CCSB FX4. Really excited and pumped. I have decided to go with DPF/Cat delete. EGR delete. H&S either black or mini Maxx. AFE intake. and a 6" lift.

Questons
which H&S?
Stacks or no stacks. either dual black miters, or dual out the rear
What lift...Carli, BDS, or Icon. Really leaning towards BDS.

Questions is more on the lift, if anyone has experience with any of them, good or bad. And thoughts on H&S, who likes what from exp. Thanks guys. Pics soon to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:26 AM

No suggestions?
Old 08-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Don't you worry about it

Please no stacks but I love dual out the back corners, mini Maxx will be great and I just saw a 6.4 with a brand new BDS 6" kit on it and it looked awesome.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 AM

Mini Maxx...is it to small or a good size? and why no stacks, just not a fan? And ya BDS looks pretty awesome
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When it comes down to ride quality I would recommend Carli but I'm a tad bias... We only do a 4.5" suspension system but it will allow you to run 37" tires and will have more travel than any 6" kit out there given we maintain the factory mounting points for the track bar adn drag link allowing the suspension to fully cycle.

What kind of driving are you doing? Are you towing? What size tires are you trying to fit? Give me some insight as to how you're using the truck and I can recommend a lift system.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:58 AM

I like the Carli, but def seems like a lil more that I am looking for. I want 37s. Carli looks nice, but they seem like more than I need. It will mostly be a DD, tow a bronco around occasionally and a boat from time to time.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEmeigh View Post
I like the Carli, but def seems like a lil more that I am looking for. I want 37s. Carli looks nice, but they seem like more than I need. It will mostly be a DD, tow a bronco around occasionally and a boat from time to time.
Well, define more than you need... It sounds like out back country system will suit you perfectly.. Half of what we do is replace lifts that have nearly destroyed peoples trucks. The days of lifting your truck being associated witha harsh ride are over in the performance suspension market. Let me know if you change your mind as you know where to find me! Either way, good luck!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM

I like that the bds link has replacent arms control arms. The Carli kits just have drop down brackets. I would like the coilover system if I was going to do Carli, but dont plan on offroading to that level.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEmeigh View Post
I like that the bds link has replacent arms control arms. The Carli kits just have drop down brackets. I would like the coilover system if I was going to do Carli, but dont plan on offroading to that level.
It's not about offroading... The larger the shock diameter the better the truck will ride all around. The Kings 2.5 Pintop kit rides very plush and is our best on road kit with great off-road capability as well.

We work off geometry and shock tuning. Our coils have a progressive rate and the shocks are tuned to match the coils/add-a-packs/full springs. We drop the radius arm because we love the way they ride. I have put dirt, highway and street miles on my pintop 2.5 and can tell you the radius arms give the truck a sports car like feeling on the road, plush on the highway, and kills it in the dirt.

I found that it's easy for a four-link to overwhelm the factory sway bar and cause excessive body roll. Not saying we're doing it the only way, just our way. We keep body roll to a minimum, make the ride plush on the street and still have enough valving to play in the dirt. And to answer your question on the shocks, yes, it's $200 additional per shock and takes 6 weeks to get the kings PC custom colors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.