Need Recommendations For Tire Size On 8" Lift. Pics Would Be Great! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Need Recommendations For Tire Size On 8" Lift. Pics Would Be Great!

Hey fellas...So I'm working on putting a lift together for my Spartan tuned 6.4. I have the wheels already which are Fuel Throttle 20X10's. I've decided to go with an 8" suspension lift and would like to run 38's. Will this be too big for an 8" lift or would 37's fit better? Or would a 10" lift be more accomodating for 38's? Also, are those of you running similar setups re-gearing your differentials? Open to any and all recommendations...Please post some pics if you guys have some of similar lift and tire combos. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You'll have room for the 38s with an 8" lift. Do you like the stuffed look or to have a little clearance in the wheel wells?

Do you have 3.73s? Regearing isn't necessary if it's not a working truck (which I'm guessing it's not hauling all that often). Performance while pulling a boat or trailer may not be the greatest but you won't have a problem doing it.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
38" are a great size for an 8" lift, depending on width/offset if wheels, you may need to trim. 37" also look good, try to find a 6.4 with an 8" lift that you like the look and go from there.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'd like a little clearence between the wheel wells if possible. Not sure what the offsets are ion the wheels. Gonna have to check them out at the shop later. What would be ideal as far as offset for that size rim, tire, and lift combo? Anybody with pics???
Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
38" are a great size for an 8" lift, depending on width/offset if wheels, you may need to trim. 37" also look good, try to find a 6.4 with an 8" lift that you like the look and go from there.
Your rig looks sick bro! That's pretty much how I'd want mine to look. My rides all blacked out too. Whats the offset on your wheels? And are you geared? I think mine are either 3.13 or 3.73
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Went to check out my wheels this morning and sitting next to mine was the same wheel but a 20X12. I fell in love with the fatter lip!The shop told me that it would stick out from the wheel weel quite a bit with a 20X12 and it would cause problems for my suspension down the road. What are your guys's thoughts on this? The 20X10's I have are -12 offset. If I were to go with a 20X12 what offset should I go with? Again...anyone with pics? LOL
Old 08-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
20x10 -12 with 38x15.5 and an 8" lift shouldn't rub at all, my sig pic has that exact setup and never rubbed.

The 20x12 will rub a little and you will need a 15.5 wide tire unless you want a stretched tire look. The 12" wide wheel comes in a -44 offset so they will Stick past your fenders 4" or so. Your suspension won't be affected but you won't have as much clearance when your suspension articulates unless you trim your fender liners.

I now have 20x14" wheels and like the look much better but I did some trimming to make them clear just on turning. Here's the 10" and 14" wide to compare

Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
20x10 -12 with 38x15.5 and an 8" lift shouldn't rub at all, my sig pic has that exact setup and never rubbed.

The 20x12 will rub a little and you will need a 15.5 wide tire unless you want a stretched tire look. The 12" wide wheel comes in a -44 offset so they will Stick past your fenders 4" or so. Your suspension won't be affected but you won't have as much clearance when your suspension articulates unless you trim your fender liners.

I now have 20x14" wheels and like the look much better but I did some trimming to make them clear just on turning. Here's the 10" and 14" wide to compare

So if I were to go with the 20X12's, you think it would stick out about another 2 inches or so from where yours are on the 20X10 pic? Judging by the rear tire in that pic it looks like its about 2 inches past the fender. Thanks for your help bud...
Old 08-24-2012, 11:14 PM

here is mine in the link!
IMO 12" wide would be best but you could get away with the 10" no problem.
I had 22X10 on a level kit and it looked perfect but after I lifted it the rims tires looked to skinny for how high it is. so I had to buy exact same rim and tire just bigger,lol
saying that I have 10 or 12 inch lift I really have no clue to tell ya the truth it was suposed to be 8" lift but everyone says no way I would fit 40s on a 8inch lift???? besides they say its way to big. Me i have no clue about this stuff but I like it,lol

New lift and tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.