Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New headlight bulbs?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  blackcloud2k 
#1 ·
I am looking at upgrading my stock bulbs and was wondering what are some good hid kits or just better bulbs that are brighter.

My windshield is tinted so I just need something brighter than what I have. Also what is the size of the bulb?

#3 ·
I currently have HIDs on my truck and although they look good, I'm plagued with issues associated with HIDs. I've replaced bulbs, ballasts, and added capacitors and sometimes, my passenger side light won't spark. Have more issues in winter than summer but still have the same issUes regardless. Lots of people seem to like Retro Solution's HIDs. Personally, I think I'm going to go with Piaa halogens. They're supposed to be similar in color and brightness although, not exact.

#4 ·
recon makes good kits and just stock head light bulbs in a variety of colors and for cheap good reliable HID kits most people go through ddmtuning

#5 ·
I have 5K ddm HID's and I love them. They are nice and bright and work well. I also sometimes have issues with my drivers side light not firing, but only when the lights are set to auto. If I turn them off and back on it always fires right up. Other drivers may complain a little and flash me here and there because they think my brights are on, but o well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.