removing chrome fender flares - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
removing chrome fender flares

Hey guys, anybody know how hard it is to get off chrome fender flares like these:
Amazon.com: 99-07 FORD F350 CHROME FENDER TRIM Wheel Well Moulding 2WD 4WD Dually F-350 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007: Automotive Amazon.com: 99-07 FORD F350 CHROME FENDER TRIM Wheel Well Moulding 2WD 4WD Dually F-350 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007: Automotive
I am looking at buying a 05' dually, but these fender flares just drive me nuts. I do not like them at all, and they are steering me away from what is otherwise a nice truck. Would they leave marks on the paint after they are off?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Buddy of mine just installed a set of these on his 06 lol. If the ones on this truck are installed the same way, you can take them off with a pair of pliers. His just had little metal straps that basically suck those chrome trim pieces against the fender. And his had rubber around the edges so they wouldn't damage the paint. I imagine you might have some rub marks on the paint since it's a dark color, but you should be able to buff it off. IF they're the same as my buddy's. Pretty cool design how they attach, should come off really easy unless they screwed them in, but his set didn't even come with screws at all.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LOL! Don't tell your friend what I said about them!! haha! But thanks for the reply. I figured they had 3m tape or something that they attached with. Good news!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And I see I managed to post in the 6.4 forum instead of the 6.0!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk Carmichael View Post
LOL! Don't tell your friend what I said about them!! haha! But thanks for the reply. I figured they had 3m tape or something that they attached with. Good news!
You bet! They use a thin little strap that's maybe a 1/4" wide with a hook on the end. You hook it to the lip on the inside of the fender and push the flat part through a loop on the flare itself, pull it tight, and bend it back to the inside. You can break them off or cut them with a pair of dykes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.