1.5-3" Lift or Level? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1.5-3" Lift or Level?

Hey everyone, I am wanting to do a small lift or leveling kit. I do not want to spend very much unless it it necessary. About a year ago I almost pulled the trigger on the Icon 2.5" lift (would have been a bit over a grand). I am not opposed to getting that kit, but I really am turning into a tight *** and do not want to spend but a few hundred dollars if possible. All that being said.... My truck rides like ****. If not didnt get any worse that would be fine, but if the ride got worse that would not be okay. I would prefer to gain better ride qualit but I do not want to dump a ton of money into a truck that has 140K miles. My truck is a Extended Cab Short Bed Lariat (with the 20" wheels). That could be part of the reason why it rides so bad. I have goodyear duratracs and I am about to replace them (within next 5k mikes) and I may go with Toyo MT's and they are almost a full inch taller.

Anyway what do you guys suggest. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well a leveling kit will be much cheaper than a lift kit, and it wont ride any differently. I just bought a Newton 2.5" leveling kit with 5" rear blocks. I read good things about Newton and Readylift. You can find newton on Ebay and you get to pick your rear blocks. If you go with a leveling kit you will want one that moves the track bar (usually either spacers or a different bracket) without it your front axle will shift to one side.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM

i put a top guns customz leveling kit on saturday and am very pleased with it! its a 2.5 inch and it was 59.99!! i have a 350 SRW so i didnt have to buy blocks but personally i think mine rides better since i put it on.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Look into the top gun customz progressive springs, with bilstein shocks, and maybe a track bar and you will be very happy. This set up will be cheaper than the icon kit. I have it on my truck and it rides good. I have a 1 ton and I know that it will never drive like a caddy, but it rides better than any truck I have ever had before.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Browsing Top Gun Customz website right now...

Does anyone know how Fox Shox compare to Bilstines?

I am also a bit interested in a steering stabilizer. On some roads my truck jumps all over.... to the point where it is almost dangerous at times.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
The fox shocks and the bilsteins ride very similar with in the same price ranges. I have always run bilsteins because they are pretty easy to get. I also have the top gun customz dual steering stabilizer with bilsteins and it made the truck handle night and day different. Rides so much better now. I have little to no bump steer and the truck doesnt wander anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.