Ready Lift 2.5 SST lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ready Lift 2.5 SST lift

So I just bought the 2.5 readylift leveling kit. I think it was the SST lift. I was looking for any install advice, so well as traction bars.. I want to eventually get traction bars. What is the best route for those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Premium Member

TAke your time, get a buddy to help u, And make sure u have good jack stands if you're not using a lift, and if u are doing jack stands, remember that your tires will be 2.5" closer to the ground when u put them back on, so take that into consideration If going that route, and air tools make this 10 times faster, I wouldn't do it unless I had some. Good luck, post pics when ur done

Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM

I will for sure take pic and that all that into consideration.. Did you get it aligned after? And do you have traction bars? I'm thinking those might be a good investment.. How did you compress your coils? ratchet straps?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mxracer511 Send a message via Yahoo to mxracer511
i have spring compressors, and u told me u were waiting to get the level lol
Old 06-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Premium Member

no traction bars yet, those are in the works, just waiting on funds, i might be going EGR Delete before traction bars.

I did get an alignment, your steering wheel will be about 90 degrees off after install.

You dont need to compress your springs, you basically just unbolt the front axle from the truck, the only thing you leave connected are the front driveshaft, and the 2 control arms. put a floor jack under it and when you get everything disconnected, lower it slowly until the springs are free, put the spacers in there and jack it back up and rebolt everything back together, make sure you watch your brake lines!!! you dont wanna break one of those while lowering the front axle.

The directions that come with the kit are pretty descent.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not trying to hijack the thread here just a quick question.. i just installed a 2.5" front and put the 4" blocks in the back of my 08. Other than the cosmetics of the axle being shifted to the left, is there any reason to put in the track bar relocation bracket in? Is it going to wear out my front end or is it just to bring the axle back for "looks?"
Old 06-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Premium Member

I would put one on, if the axle is shifted, the radius arms are also shifted over, so they aren't straight , and neither is your front drive shaft. I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't seem like its good to have your front axle shifted one way or the other from where its supposed to be.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer511 View Post
i have spring compressors, and u told me u were waiting to get the level lol
Yea well.. Surprise!!

And p8ntballn2, thanks for all the advice.. Since I bought the SST kit I think it comes with the trac bar relocation bracket.. How long did it take you to do this?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 AM

What is a good dual steering stabilizer to invest in?? I was looking at the Top Gun Customz with the blistien shocks
Old 06-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo33 View Post
Yea well.. Surprise!!

And p8ntballn2, thanks for all the advice.. Since I bought the SST kit I think it comes with the trac bar relocation bracket.. How long did it take you to do this?

Took me about 5 hours.. stopped for lunch, drank a few beers along the way.. made some phone calls.. not having a lift takes a little longer cuz you have to lay under the truck.. so there is a lot of up and down.. so it takes a bit longer. and i had air tools!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.