best 6 inch lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
best 6 inch lift?

I am about ready ti throw some money at my 6.4 and was just wondering what 6 inch kit everybody recommends. And possibly some pics of trucks with 6 inches on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere around Atlanta
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli..without a doubt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,030
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli doen't make a 6"

But Carli and Icon both make two of the best 4.5" on the market. And If you want a 7" then Icon is the way to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillis2003 View Post
Carli..without a doubt
The leafsprings that come with the Carli kit (Deaver springs) seem to be very soft compared to the OEM springs. They'll sag a lot if you tow or haul heavy because Deaver doesn't use an overload spring. Carli's kit says it isn't compatible with air bags and even if it were, you'd ruin the ride of the Deavers by adding an airbag system. Not sure if you can use Timbrens either. However, if you're looking to go fast through the rough stuff and don't tow or haul anything too heavy or often, they'll be perfect. I guess none of this matters since you want a 6" kit. Just thought I'd add my two cents. When I do my lift, I think I'm going to get a Fabtech four link system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere around Atlanta
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
The leafsprings that come with the Carli kit (Deaver springs) seem to be very soft compared to the OEM springs. They'll sag a lot if you tow or haul heavy because Deaver doesn't use an overload spring. Carli's kit says it isn't compatible with air bags and even if it were, you'd ruin the ride of the Deavers by adding an airbag system. Not sure if you can use Timbrens either. However, if you're looking to go fast through the rough stuff and don't tow or haul anything too heavy or often, they'll be perfect. I guess none of this matters since you want a 6" kit. Just thought I'd add my two cents. When I do my lift, I think I'm going to get a Fabtech four link system.
I think "sag a lot" is an over statement. Yes they are softer, hence the great ride. Here are some pics of Sage towing with his full leafs. Doesnt sag THAT bad. Anyone Running Carli's Full rear leaf spring upgrade?

As far as airbags, yes they will work with them, but I believe you have to contact Carli because some trucks need a bracket made for them to work. Airbags such as the Firestone air bags, can be disconnected in a matter of minutes if you plan to offroad.

They are not 6" lifts, but Chris (Super Diesel) bought his truck with a Carli kit, and it's atleast 6" up. Maybe spacers were used
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillis2003 View Post
I think "sag a lot" is an over statement. Yes they are softer, hence the great ride. Here are some pics of Sage towing with his full leafs. Doesnt sag THAT bad. Anyone Running Carli's Full rear leaf spring upgrade?

As far as airbags, yes they will work with them, but I believe you have to contact Carli because some trucks need a bracket made for them to work. Airbags such as the Firestone air bags, can be disconnected in a matter of minutes if you plan to offroad.

They are not 6" lifts, but Chris (Super Diesel) bought his truck with a Carli kit, and it's atleast 6" up. Maybe spacers were used
Sag a lot may have been an overstatement. However, there is still noticeable sag with Deavers. That trailer and Ram Sage is towing isn't very heavy and his truck is sagging considerably. If you're towing a fifth wheel, I think you'll have some issues. There is definitely a tradeoff in terms of what you want your truck to do on and offroad. I know Carli was working on a 6" kit/multi-rate springs for Rams. Could be some sort of Frankenstein kit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere around Atlanta
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Sag a lot may have been an overstatement. However, there is still noticeable sag with Deavers. That trailer and Ram Sage is towing isn't very heavy and his truck is sagging considerably. If you're towing a fifth wheel, I think you'll have some issues. There is definitely a tradeoff in terms of what you want your truck to do on and offroad. I know Carli was working on a 6" kit/multi-rate springs for Rams. Could be some sort of Frankenstein kit...
Ya but Id get air bags with a 5th wheel, no matter what springs you have. I think its a great kit, even to tow with, but air bags would certainly be needed for 5th wheel towing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors