Tires/Lift Kit for F250 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tires/Lift Kit for F250 4x4

Folks I am new to the forum and looking for some friendly advice. I currently have a 2010 F250 4x4 and was planning to install a readylift 2.5" SST kit. Lift states it can accommodate 37" tires. I won 4ea Goodyear Duratrac AT tires(325/60R20)-rougly 35.6" tall per goodyear. These tires require a 9" wide rim, so I would have to upgrade from the factory rims for mounting.
In order to run these tires with this lift what amount of rim backspacing would be required in order to avoid rubbing and also not sticking the tire out of the fender wells too far? I really don't want to put more than a 2.5" lift. The truck is white with a tan strip at the bottom. I am not looking for a flashy rim, but havent found any brushed types. I also dont think a black rim would look good. Any thoughts??
Does anyone have a setup similar to this? If so how was fuel economy affected?
Thanks for any information/recommendations! Pictures of your rig setup would also be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

check my sig for my lift / tire combo
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
check my sig for my lift / tire combo
How do the 13.5" tires do on stock rims. How is ride and do they wear well? Are they squishy due to mounting on 8" rim? What tire pressure do you run? Mileage affects?

Nice rig by the way.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Tires are ok on the stock rims.. they walk a little bit.. if i had to do it over again.. i'd go with 12.5's on the stock rims.. I love this look of these tires.. i think its great.. mileage wasn't really a factor for me. I just took a 400 mile round trip.. all highway miles from fill up to fill up.. got 17.7 mpg running 75-82 mph the entire time. so if i had slowed down to about 70.. i prob could have done a little better.. usually around town with mixed city and hwy driving i'm getting about 14-15 mpg.. and thats staying out of the go pedal.. they don't feel "squishy" and i usually run 50 psi in them at all times.. they seem to be wearing well so far.. i have about 7K on them and they're doing great.. the back tires still have the little nubs on the outer most edge of the tires. i'm due for a rotation soon, so those will be on the front shortly. and they aren't very loud like i thought they would be.. you can hear them a little bit.. they're quiet.. but they are like boggers..

Nitto makes a 37x12.50x20 that will probably be my next set.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I was in your same boat when I did my lift/rims/tires. I went with a 2.5" kit. When it came time for tires I didnt want to switch from stock wheels but the tire I wanted (325/65/18) meant I had to switch. I looked and looked and couldnt find a nice brushed rim that I liked, and like you, I think black rims would look bad on our color combo. I finally settled on the fuel hostage. 18x9, offset 1. I have no rubbing with my 34.6'x13" tires rubbing. With a tire 1" bigger I dont think you would rub with this set up. When I first put my tires on a turned to full lock and crawled in the wheel well and looked and I had plenty of room both in front of the wheel and then again between the wheel and fender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.