Leveling kit, what do I need?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leveling kit, what do I need??

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

This is what I bought. I know it was cheap that was the main reason I purchased it. I thought I had it all figured out from my research, but am now questioning....Do I need anything else? I have seen threads that say you don't, I have also seen threads that say you need a bunch more...I am just trying to not get the "death wobble". I really just want a level truck, that will clear 35s. Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You may need taller rear blocks to keep the truck level. I put a 2.5" kit on my 05 250 and I needed 4" rear blocks to replace the factory 2.5" blocks because the front end sat a little higher than the rear and I didn;t like the look. I see you have a 350 so you may not have this problem as the 350 usually has a taller rear block than a 250
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
You may need taller rear blocks to keep the truck level. I put a 2.5" kit on my 05 250 and I needed 4" rear blocks to replace the factory 2.5" blocks because the front end sat a little higher than the rear and I didn;t like the look. I see you have a 350 so you may not have this problem as the 350 usually has a taller rear block than a 250
So you just put the spacer in the front and nothing else? No problems? I will take it in to get aligned afterwards, just wondering if I need anything else to make this kit work. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM

Like he said with the 350 blocks you should be ok in the rear. I had to put 4" blocks on just to get the rear about .5" higher.

The only thing I could see you having problems with is with axle shift. Maybe not on 2.5" lift though. An adjustable track bar or track bar spacers will take care of this. My Newton lift came with track bar spacers and they worked really well.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM

The only thing else I can think of is bump stop extensions. But if your not worried about it, its not that big of a deal.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcougar View Post
Like he said with the 350 blocks you should be ok in the rear. I had to put 4" blocks on just to get the rear about .5" higher.

The only thing I could see you having problems with is with axle shift. Maybe not on 2.5" lift though. An adjustable track bar or track bar spacers will take care of this. My Newton lift came with track bar spacers and they worked really well.
Do you know where to get the spacers? I like the adjustable track bar, but it is not cheap... All the spacers I found where in kits. Is the axle shift where it looks like you are crab walking down the road? What about this? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 04-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Do you know where to get the spacers? I like the adjustable track bar, but it is not cheap... All the spacers I found where in kits. Is the axle shift where it looks like you are crab walking down the road? What about this? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
This is what I got: 2008-2010 F250 F350 FORD SUPERDUTY LEVELING KIT 2.5" | eBay

Check his store and give Jason a call. He could probably set you up with just some track bar spacers if you want them. The track bar bracket from Readylift is really nice and probably easier to install than the spacers. Mine came with the kit from Jason and so far they have worked very well. No axle shift.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I appreciate the help. I sent a pm to Jason and hope to hear from him soon. I should have ordered the kit you got, it looks a lot better. Thanks again
Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 PM

The 2.5" kit I used was a readylift. The only thing I would have added was an adjustable trac bar. It was barely noticeable but that small amount did shift the axle to the drivers side just a little. maybe 1/2" not enough to effect anything, but it bugged me because I could see it easily
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
The 2.5" kit I used was a readylift. The only thing I would have added was an adjustable trac bar. It was barely noticeable but that small amount did shift the axle to the drivers side just a little. maybe 1/2" not enough to effect anything, but it bugged me because I could see it easily
Good to hear. I will probably notice it too...I am trying to get some spacers to correct it. If I do I will post how the perform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.