the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help

I was interested in purchasing a leveling kit for my 2008 ford f350 fx4 and i was hoping for some advice. what do I need to level it without causing any other problems? Is it as simple as just getting the two spacers such as this:
BMF LFO-9300 2005 & UP Ford 4wd Super Duty Leveling Kit HEIGHT 2"

is there anything else i would need? I really don't have any experience with the suspension and have never messed around with it before. I researched it briefly and someone had mentioned that there front axle had shifted sideways, I don't want that (if that can happen) do i actually need a track bar relocation bracket? any of the other options? or can i just order these spacers, put them on, and be done with it?

I am doing this on a budget, I do not need the fanciest leveling kit there is but I want to level it right and not have to worry about it later down the road with alignment issues or any of that.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

For starters, I was/am weary of parts that are made for different year models of trucks. i.e. 2005-Up, etc. just because not every vehicle is the same blah blah.

Seeing as how the link for that kit is from PTP, and knowing that PTP is pretty reputable, I would probably be ok with it.

I went with the Newton 2.5" kit with 4" blocks. I bought it off of ebay because, like yourself, I was on a budget and just looking for something to do the trick. I have to say I like the kit. No sway and no axle shifting. It came with track bar spacers so as long as you can install them correctly you should have no problem.

I think 2.5" is about as high as you can go with having to go with new shocks/springs, carrier spacers, etc. but some do run 3.5" on here.

As for the 2" spacers you should be ok and you shouldnt need blocks in the back due to the F350s having ~3 7/8" OEM block. You could always drop the back with a smaller block I suppose.

Hope this helps some.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM

To be honest, I love my Newton 2.5" Lift!!! Cheap, and easy to install. Came with everything I needed. The front is now 3/8" higher but Im getting Fatboy trac bars from Newton as well. Most major companies want double what my entire lift cost and it only comes with spring spacers and shock extensions. Here is a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help-6.4-lift-1.jpg   the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help-6.4-lift-2.jpg   the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help-6.4-lift-3.jpg   the in's and out's of a leveling kit? please help-6.4-lift-4.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 AM

thanks for the advice, so something is required for the trac bar then? how was the install? pretty easy?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfreek26 View Post
To be honest, I love my Newton 2.5" Lift!!! Cheap, and easy to install. Came with everything I needed. The front is now 3/8" higher but Im getting Fatboy trac bars from Newton as well. Most major companies want double what my entire lift cost and it only comes with spring spacers and shock extensions. Here is a few pics.
you haven't had any death wobble porblems have you?? also with your lit you didn't have to get new shocks??
Old 03-18-2012, 10:50 AM

It comes with pre angle cut spacers to re-align your trac bar... The install was pretty easy, would have been easier with a second person though. I had a set of house jacks to use as well, put them under the front of the frame and jacked the whole truck up.

Jerobi1: No, I used my factory shocks, it comes with billet shock spacers. Also, NO death wobble, I just but my 12.5" wide 33's on yesterday and ended up going down the sh!ttiest roads ever yesterday, and other than very minor bumpsteer occasionally, I never had an issue. I actually feel the truck rode better after the level kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.