B & W g/n hitch in 2008 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Addicted to Diesel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cowboyupamrka Send a message via Yahoo to cowboyupamrka
B & W g/n hitch in 2008

Anybody got a B & W gooseneck hitch on their 2008? I bought one for my dads truck but there is only one hole in the frame to attach this, unlike previous models which have 2. I put one on my truck last summer and they are a beautiful thing.... no drilling to the frame. but maybe for the 2008 you have to drill a hole?? i cant figure it out, if anyone has done an install or can find any info on it, please let me know, i have been searching around a bit today, but cant find nothing. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to shameless
I just checked with B & W about transfering my turnover ball hitch from my 2004 to a 2008 I have on order and they sent me installation instructions. Try emailing with the "contact us" link at this site: B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc.
They were quite helpful for me.

I've only used mine for 5th wheel trailers but I love how easy I can free up my box when I remove the 5th wheel hitch. Just leaves a 4" hole in the center of my box.

Let me know what you find out about the missing hole. I will be making the switch in the near furture.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Addicted to Diesel

Send a message via AIM to cowboyupamrka Send a message via Yahoo to cowboyupamrka
yeah i already did that, so i am just waiting to see what they send or tell me. but if you find out anything else let me know. thanks. i figured i might get info faster on the org than through them since tomorrow is a sunday...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

They have a new kit that fits the 2003-08. I think the model # is 1108. Also, just an FYI if you're swapping trucks...(from the turnoverball.com f.a.q. page)

"A: Our hitches are made to fit a particular year and make of truck and cannot be moved to a different make of truck. In some cases, a hitch can be moved from an older to a newer truck of the same make. B&W covers only the first installation under warranty. Contact our installation department for more information, 1-800-248-6564."
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Addicted to Diesel

I have looked at the new model too. it is still the same holes. so i guess i am just waiting to see what they tell me at B&W. I am not worried about the warranty, just want to get it installed.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to shameless
B & W Hitch

The 1108 is the model that will transfer to the 2008 without issues according to the manufacturer. I haven't checked mine yet but am hoping it's what I have. Get tired of buying new Hitch and plow every 2 years...
I've had my hitch in 3 trucks so far.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Addicted to Diesel

from what i saw the 1108 looks the same as the model i put in my 2000 truck. and i believe that was an even older model. like 1099 or something. cause it wasnt the 1105 which i have laying on our family room floor right now. but i could be wrong on the set up of the 1108, i am just going off of what i saw on the site. send me some pics if you get it in and it works. i mean one of the bolt holes on the plate lines up with the hole in the truck frame. but there is no hole in the frame for the second hole in the plate.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Addicted to Diesel

bump it up
Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

I install B&W hitches every day at work... The part# you need is the 1108 and the 800rf center plate... the only drilling you should have to do is for the chain hooks.... As long as the 4" hole is in the right spot, it will bolt up.... you have to put an extection bracket on the rear exhaust hanger on the 08's..... Let me now if you have any questions....
Old 09-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted to Diesel

do you have any pics of an install on an 08 or pics of the 1108? I am still lost as to what the difference in mounting is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.