Icon-Worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon-Worth it?

I want to level my 250. If money was not a concern I would go with icon level kit with adjustable track bar and OUO traction blocks in the rear. But just adding a spacer and them maybe upgrading my shocks to some bilstein 5100 is very, very tempting because of price. My truck does not go offroad unless its hunting related, so I would not be beating on my suspension in any way. So would all the extra cash be worth it? I'm willing to spend the money if it would be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did a spacer kit on mine ( because I'm cheap), but ended up buying the ICON adjustable track bar because the front end was off center an inch or more without it. Also, the ride quality with the spacers is crappy... So, I'm probably going to do the whole ICON kit this summer when I get some free time.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does any other companies offer a coil spring level kit and all 4 shocks for a price a little easier on the wallet than Icon? Thinking about leveling my SRW 350 so I can run 35's but can't justify spending almost a grand to level when 4"-6" kits start at just a little more.

Last edited by Meaty JTizzle; 02-16-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
IMO..get the complete Icon kit with the adj track bar..if you want the best riding lift add 4 link arms, FYI Pure Performances 2.5" 4 link kit will be available in march..will be the best riding kit available.

Cary
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
CT, what does the icon adj track bar itself run? And are there any other options? I have a 2.5" lift and am not going any higher, is there a cheaper one that is not adjustable and made for 2.5"
Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We have 2 bars available both adjustable..problem with a non adjustable bar is its specific and some 2.5" kits are really 2" and others are really 3"..PM sent.........
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasin' Tail View Post
I want to level my 250. If money was not a concern I would go with icon level kit with adjustable track bar and OUO traction blocks in the rear. But just adding a spacer and them maybe upgrading my shocks to some bilstein 5100 is very, very tempting because of price. My truck does not go offroad unless its hunting related, so I would not be beating on my suspension in any way. So would all the extra cash be worth it? I'm willing to spend the money if it would be worth it.
It sounds to me like you're hoping someone will say no and make you feel better about going the less expensive route. I had a Readylift 2.5 spacer kit for a while and I can tell you that now my truck on 7'' lift and 37s rides better than with the Readylift. I can only assume that's got a lot to do with the Icon coils/PMF 4-link.

From my experience I have this to say: If money is tight, wait till it's not tight anymore if it isn't I'd go with Icon. It will ride better with the Icon Progressive rate coils period. Plus the Icon shocks are specifically valved for these trucks, which is kind of a big deal. One of the reasons I went with the cheaper lift is because I knew when I graduated I'd be going higher, so it was more of a temporary way to satisfy myself.

As far as the OUO stuff goes, I've got PMF traction blocks and would get those again.

The other kits will work, and won't make it ride terrible, but mine was a bit stiffer and rougher than stock.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm not looking for someone to make me feel better about going the cheap route, I've heard some say a spacer didn't change the factory ride so I thought I would ask. With that being said I think I will wait for the funds to buy Icon.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 PM

You can add a 1" spacer under the front coil springs for 60.00 and it will be close to level. Monroe Reflex shocks ride good w/lifetime warranty.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedynoguy View Post
I did a spacer kit on mine ( because I'm cheap), but ended up buying the ICON adjustable track bar because the front end was off center an inch or more without it. Also, the ride quality with the spacers is crappy... So, I'm probably going to do the whole ICON kit this summer when I get some free time.
Yes you need to get the track bar even for leveling kits. Icon says you dont need it for the smaller lifts, but the front axle will be off by at least an inch if you dont.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.