Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anybody with wheel to wheel steps/tubes on CC dually?

696 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  optx002 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys have wheel to wheel steps/tubes on a CC dually? Wondering if accessing the bed(5er hitch) is any better? If so, what type and do you have pics?
Monty

#3 · (Edited)
I have a set of ICI wheel to wheel nerf bars on my 08 fat bottom. Although I can't really say as I recommend them. I guess their OK for the price. The problem with the ICI bars is there isn't any support for the bars past the rear factory location so when you're standing on the rear section reaching into the bed the bar isn't real solid feeling under your feet (I weigh 200lbs so its not like I'm real fat) . Now having a wheel to wheel bar does make it way easier to hook up the gooseneck. If you got deep pockets check out Putco bars. I saw another 08 fat bottom with those , talked to the owner about them , and gave them a test bounce, ROCK solid, but,,,, they cost $1200

#4 ·
I saw on another forum that Aries now has one that looks very similar to Ford's OEM ones. From the website, they look pretty good but as you pointed out, the rear is a long way from a brace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.