Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pics of grille guards wanted!

22K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  kosmo04 
#1 ·
Looking for some pics of different brands of grille guards the ranchhand type. I found the ranchhand legend but it looks like you have to cut the lower air dam to fit it the only other one i seen was a go industies rancher. I did find a craigslist add for one but no brand i do like the design though. So if anyone is running this type of guard please post some pics up along with your opinion of it and if anyone can I.D this one that would be great! GRILL GUARD-F250- F350 RANCH STYLE

Chris

#5 ·
I just put on a frontier bumper replacement grille guard. I'll post pics tomorrow once I clean up the truck. It looks great on these trucks.

#6 ·
Please get up some pics and experiences with a few guards. I have always had them and have been trying to decide between the Tough Country, Buskstop and the Frontier-Gear for my '10 F350 dually. I don't think I want a RanchHand for the reason stated above. I wish I could find an all stainless one that would actually keep a deer from drinking out of my oil filter. Only one of those Ive found is Onki-but boy are they expensive!

#7 ·
Installing the frontier bumper replacement grille guard was very easy. Taking off the stock bumper and putting on the grille guard took maybe an hour.

#9 ·
#13 ·
I will post pictures tonight and give you the exact cutting places (dimensions) on the lower valence to install a Ranch Hand Brush Guard. It looks really neat and clean. I have had several people ask me to help install theirs just to do the cutting for the lower brackets on the brush guard. I spent a few hours measuring and making sure the holes were exact, no larger than needed, and as perfectly aligned as I could.

#19 · (Edited)
Well I havent hit anything with it but I did have me @185lb and my buddy @~230lb standing on it working on the truck and it didnt move.

If you want ill get you some close up pics of it. Just let me know if theres anything in particuliar you want to see.

#21 ·
I would recommend the frontier gear. They look great and are very solid. My buddy here has the front replacement and we have had 700+ pounds on it looking under the hood and it held fine. He's had a couple of small fender benders with it on and let's just say you couldn't tell he was in a wreck when the other vehicles limped away. :hehe:

#23 ·
Does anyone have any experience with "tough country" grille guards? I have been looking at 3, cattleman HD, Frontier grille guard, and tough country grille guard, but I think the tough country ones only mount where the tow hooks are, and I think the others connect under the front bumper and where the tow hooks are, can anyone confirm? I would think 2 connection locations are better than 1?

#24 ·
I have found the same thing. The RanchHand has to go through the front valance with 2 lower brackets much like the Frontier. The Tough Country appears to go into the bumper bolt location. Not sure about one being more 'steady' or 'impact resistant' than the other although it appears the RH and the Frontier would fare better hitting a smaller animal or such due to the bottom brackets. Just don't want to cut my valance. May end up having too though.

#25 ·
the more points of contact the better when it comes to hitting animals. Every truck that I have ever seen that hit an animal with a brushguard, the brushguard actually did more damage to the truck than would have been done with out it I feel because most brush guards just mount to the tow hook brackets/bumper brackets.

#27 ·
Ya a full replacement would be better but im just not that big on the look of them, does anyone have pics of how these mount? I have seen some good pics of the ones that mount where the tow hooks are but I cant find a good pic of the ones where you have to cut the valance?

#32 ·
Go to bumperdude.com got lots of good pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.