Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

33 or 35s with factory 18s? Please give opinions!!

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  superdutydixie 
#1 ·
Since rim/tire packages up here in AK are stupid expensive, I'm painting my stock 18's black and buying only tires. So, what would be better and look better on a stock height (maybe level with a 1 1/2" kit one day)?? The factory tires are 33.3"X10 right now. Please give me some help and opinions. Looking at Kumho KL71 btw. Thanks!!

#2 ·
I have 33's on stock wheels and I think they look good. However, I plan to do a leveling kit and will probably go to 35's when I need new tires.

With that said... Personally, I think wider tires that fill out the wheel wells (width wise) do more for the looks than a taller tire. But that is just me. The tires I have right now are 325/60-18's.

#3 ·
CCS could you post a pic of your tires?

My only worry is that if I get 35's but don't get the leveling kit, will I have rubbing issues? Do you or anyone else know if you can fit a 35X12.5 on stock 18" rim at stock height? Sorry for all the questions, I hope to order soon. Thanks again everyone!!

#5 ·
I have seen it done on stock 05-07 trucks and the 08 and up trucks seem to have just as much maybe even a little more clearance. I think you will be happy with the 35's.

#6 ·
Ive seen 285/75/18 and they look like the perfect fit.......there is a pic around of a sweet truck with this combo,,I will try to find it.....I think he may have a leveling kit though,

#12 ·
Thanks, that might be a perfect size, and I might have to go with Trail Grapplers. How do they perform in snow/ice?
I am not sure if you would have rubbing issues or not with a 35" tire that is 12.5" wide. From the reading that I have done, it sounds like it MAY rub the inner fender and they will need to be tied back, but you won't be rubbing against any hard parts. :dunno:

Here are some pics of mine.
Thanks again man, I might end up going with a 33X12.5 or the 34X12. I'll save the 35's for the future 20's with leveling kit.

Thank you everyone!!

#15 ·
My guess is you will not have any issues. I have a 2WD with 35's and only a Daystar leveling kit on. Even with the leveling kit, my truck still sits lower than a 4WD, and I only rub slightly on one side when I am locked all the way to the left. since you are higher, I seriously doubt you will have any issues. I believe I read on here somewhere that they have done it without a lift and have not rubbed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.