Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New black side vent covers

11K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  ZMANN 
#1 ·
I just got the new side vent covers done in black. they look great, what do you think??

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Very easy to get off. The top piece comes off first, that says F250 or 350 or whatever. Grab it under that lip that's above the mesh and easily pull it out. Then once its off take the most narrow part of the last piece and start working it off. It just has the plastic tabs that go into metal clips.

#6 ·
I toke mine off to paint the red part black, its not that hard to take off, just be very careful. I used a flathead screw driver wrapped in a microfiber towel to pry it off, and slowly work your way around the vent.

#13 ·
Thanks man, appreciate it. Yeah, black is one of those colors I love, except for this time of year with all the damn salt on the ground, wash it and its dirty as your pulling off of the lot!

#15 ·
I did mine this weekend with some Krylon flat black for plastic and love the look. Thanks for the mod advice. Looks a lot better without that faded red color.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.