Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any body tried airbag kit?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BIG RED BUBBA 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 F-350 short bed dually was wondering if anybody has used or seen the full air bag kits? Just looking for some feed back and information. I have seen a kit on airbagit.com that looks good but wanted to check with the org.? Any advice is appreciated!!
:dunno:

#2 ·
I've been reading this forum for 2 years and finally something to post on...

To start, I work in the oilfield selling and delivering supplies to oil and gas drilling rigs. I drive the truck daily and just turned 100,000 miles. This summer I was tired of having the dreaded rear end sag while loaded down, so I bought and installed the AirLift brand Load Lifter 5000 kit number 57212 air bags on the rear of my 2009 F-350 CC LB. I also installed the AirLfit Wireless Air Controller kit number 72000. All of this was purchased from AutoAnything.com, at the time they had the best prices coupled with some online discounts.

As for my opinion, I absolutely love having my AirLift air bags. Installation was pretty easy but time consuming getting everything perfect after I read the installation post in the how to section of the forum. I push the payload capacity to the limits daily and they have taken everything I have given them on and off road. The wireless air controller is awesome since I can increase or decrease the air pressure on the fly from my cab according to my load. I chose not to use the automatic leveling kit because many people complain that it adjusts too much. The wireless controller I bought also adjusts the air pressure in the bags with a load or after taking a load off the truck keeping the desired psi in the bags. With 5000 # on the truck it may go slightly under level but it definately doesn't have the overloaded looking sag which plagues these trucks with heavy loads. With 1 - 4000 # in the bed 30 -70psi usually does the trick. When I am empty I leave 20 - 30psi in the bags to stiffen the ride up a bit and reduce the pogo effect on the crappy Ohio highways.

The only problem that I have had is the exact one that I saw on the reviews for the wireless air controller. After about a month for some reason the manifold would dump air while I was trying to increase the pressure in the airbags. After some troubleshooting I called AirLift and they sent me a new manifold the same day. I was upset about the problem but it was taken care of promptly. The replacement manifold has been on the truck for about 5 months with no problems. Would I buy this again - Definately.

It's surprising the amount of comments I have had on them and the number of people that notice them. It probably helps the truck is a good looker. If you have any specific questions ask, I have the kit and have been putting it through the paces.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Hey thanks for the feedback I have had the exact system you are talking about. Good system. I am needing info on the full airbag system. This system that I am looking at replaces the leave springs in the rear and 4 links it and airbags it. in the front it replaces the coil spings with an airbag. The system is on Airbagit.com and was also in diesel power mag. any info would be helpful. And again thanks for the help and replies.

#8 ·
bringing this thread back, what do you mean by run? are they really not great set ups, than why do people run them?

#10 ·
Why is it like a pgo stick? I thought airbags were supposed to be a better ride not worse...were the bags too inflated? Jw

I saw the kit on xtreme 4x4 and they did not seem to be bouncing around inside the truck while driving around

#11 ·
Kelderman kits are the best in the business, but here is the deal. Apparently they are tough to install, I have seen more than few with problems, problems that were easily fixed when the owners finally took them to kelderman. They ride like a caddy when done properly.

#14 ·
Sorry..kelderman did the install, my customer paid aprox $7k for the kit plus their labor.
The truck that I rode in had the air lift bags. Basicly all it did was keep the truck level when it was loaded. It also didn't make the suspension to hard or soft. If it was we could adjust the pressure!!!
alright well i guess ill just stay away from them, im gonna look at some coilovers :thumb:

#13 ·
The truck that I rode in had the air lift bags. Basicly all it did was keep the truck level when it was loaded. It also didn't make the suspension to hard or soft. If it was we could adjust the pressure!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.