Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

just gota new tank

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  1tonpower 
#1 · (Edited)
my old lady bought me a 60 gal fuel/tool box combo for xmass..its going into morrow. im just going to set it up with a gravity feed for now. i plain on putting a pump on it down the road.

#2 ·
Very nice. Its so nice carrying plenty of fuel. I've tried several different setups and could never imagine running around with the small tank a crew cab short bed has again. I'm running a Titan 51 gal. now but have also used a toolbox tank combo and loved it too.

#4 ·
Yes my 90 gal l tank is set up with a pump and a small electronic solnoid valve that are wired together on one of my upfitter switches. Flip the switch and it opens the valve and turns the pump on and pumps away. The only draw back is the local filling station at the super market gets a little mad when I use my $0.20 off per gallon voucher from buying groceries to fill up all 129 gal... OPPS!!!

#5 ·
im going to use a 10 or 15gpm pump to transfer and have a quick connect hose that ill be able to hook up when i need to fill equipment and such...its just an idea for now i need to collect some parts to make it happen

#6 ·
#7 ·
thats what im using on the truck now..

#8 ·
The Titan was very easy to install. The hardest part of the whole job was removing the fuel lines from the old tank because of the fittings. I ran as much fuel as I could out of it before doing the swap, the low fuel light was on but there were still several gallons in there. I LOVE the extra capacity and still not losing a bit of bed space to it. One downside I can think of is it gets pretty close to the back of the transfercase on my truck which would make changing that fluid a challenge now. That's okay though since I changed that fluid about 2 weeks before the tank went in. BTW best deal I could find the tank for was from Aquasun Motorsports, I believe they are out of FL.

#9 ·
nothing special..i plain on adding a bed cover at some point just dont know what one i want to go with yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.