Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

grille opinions....

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  HighOn22's 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 F250 oxford white that came with the chrome package. I did not want the chrome package but the original truck that the dealership was trying to get me failed so they got me this truck and did not charge me for the options that I was not wanting. Now I need everyones help. I really like the grille on the chrome package but I do not like the chrome surround. I want to have my mirror caps painted and have been thinking about getting the surround painted also. Has any had the surround painted with the chrome package grille? I will post a pic so you know what grille I am talking about. Open to all opinions.

See less See more
#4 ·
I say leave it chrome..If you start painting it, it might flake and then look like ****..

#5 ·
The grill can be painted, but if a rock hits the painted area it will chip much easier than the fx4 grill that comes painted. I was not told how easy it'll chip.

#7 ·
I would have it professionally painted!! What is the difference in the fx and mine? They are both plastic.. correct? I havnt looked but does the grille and the surround come apart or are they one piece? My biggest concern is if it will look good with the white surround and the chrome grille.

#8 ·
The FX4 grill doesn't have a chrome layer on it. The grill itself is the same except ones all chrome and the other comes painted. I believe they both come apart the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.