Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Toyo tire pressure?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  gbalaz 
#1 ·
What pressure are you guy running in your toyos? I just got the open country mt in 37". Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
i like 55 all around and bump to 65r if i tow. and i live with the tpms light on:beer:

#4 ·
I'm running around 50 just normal driving. I'll bump it up to around 65-70 when i tow, drop them down to around 25 when playing around in the snow.

#6 ·
I keep my M/T's at 65 all the way around all the time. They are 35"s and they have 61,000 on them. Got about 5K left

#7 ·
What are they 13.50s and are you running them on factory wheels? If so your gonna have to drop the pressure to around 36-38 to get them to wear flat and even. I had mine at 65 to turn the dash lite out and noticed the middle was the only section touching the ground so i dropped them 5psi at a time then went and drove them a few days I kept doing this till they looked and show signs of wearing even. Rim width will affect the pressure that it takes to get them to wear correctly. This is what I ran into on my own truck and are no tire expert so if some one else will chime in.

#10 ·
I call BS on it not working. I figured this out by parking next to the properly inflated tires not mounted on the truck while running aftermarket rims and tires. If I kept my trip under 20-30 miles the sensor light would stay off after 20-30 miles the sensor TMPS light would come on. So what I figured out is parking next to the stock wheels with the sensors in them would keep the light off, so why would'nt putting all four in the spare work? Sure enough it works! My sensors are band type that wrap the inside of the rim off a Job 3 08.

#16 ·
I have been running 50-55 psi in mine for about 20,000 miles. They wore fairly even, but could be a little better. After reading this thread, I dropped them to 40 psi. My truck rides smoother now. Hopefully they'll wear good like this, because I am liking it. Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.