Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket air intake and exhaust

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  troutangler 
#1 ·
I am just wondering if any one is running an aftermarket Air intake and Exhaust WITHOUT a programmer of some kind. I have a 2010 F250. Whats the performance difference if any?:dunno:

#3 ·
I have an afe stage II PG7 on mine and it hasn't set any codes yet and I don't feel much of a performance increase. A dyno might show something but with the weight of the truck it needs a big power increase to feel anything.

#5 ·
The Short Ram Kit intakes work similar to the long Ram kit intakes; the only distinction is the short tubing. But some believe that they aren't as efficient as the long intakes! On the other hand, the Ram Kit intakes take help of the external air to push the air into the engine, mostly through a part in maybe the hood or vent or cut outs!

airaid intake

#6 ·
The Short Ram Kit intakes work similar to the long Ram kit intakes; the only distinction is the short tubing. But some believe that they aren't as efficient as the long intakes! On the other hand, the Ram Kit intakes take help of the external air to push the air into the engine, mostly through a part in maybe the hood or vent or cut outs!

airaid intake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.