Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tires Rubbing!

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Duffie112 
#1 ·
When I bought my truck it had 35x12.5s on it and i recently got some new tires that are a 325 60 20. The new tires were rubbing on the inner finder and i decided to get a 2.5 inch level to stop the problem and when i was lookin underneath i noticed they were rubbing on the front trac bars as well. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and how did they fix it. Thanks.

#4 ·
Yeah they are rubbing the radius arms.

#6 ·
Its only a wider 35" tire the wheel offset will fix the problem allot of guy run 35/12.50's with no rubbing at all on a stock suspension moving the wheels out 1" would probably cure it. there are a bunch of guys running 37/13.50's with a leveling kit 9" wide 0 offset wheels no rubbing at all that is a 5" backspace about 1" further out than the stockers.
Chris

#8 ·
I forgot to mention the tires no longer rub on the inner fender. but it still rubs on the radius arms.

#10 ·
Mine rubbed the radius arm with the readylift I had on my truck before I put the 7" lift on and all. I had same size tires on the factory 20s. They rub, but only at full lock. I never thought it was too bad, just don't turn the wheels all the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.