Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone Running 37s with 3:55 Gears?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  n4hhe 
#1 · (Edited)
(Sorry about the misstype on the title.) Anyone here running 37s with 3:55 gears? If yes, what's your experience? Lose a couple of MPGs I'm sure.

What about driving up hills on the highway - does the truck constantly downshift?

Also, what about braking. Did you lose a lot of stopping distance?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
(Sorry about the misstype on the title.) Anyone here running 37s with 3:55 gears? If yes, what's your experience? Lose a couple of MPGs I'm sure.

What about driving up hills on the highway - does the truck constantly downshift?

Also, what about braking. Did you lose a lot of stopping distance?

Thanks in advance!
Fixed it for ya bud :thumb:.................it really depends on how/where you drive your truck.........if you do alot of city driving then yes you will notice a decrease in MPG, as to how much, again depends on your right foot cuz the engine does have to work harder to turn those 37's. If you do alot of highway driving your actually getting more distance per revolution because your tires are bigger, so your MPG could go up if its not too hilly. With the truck being a turbo downshifting shouldn't really be an issue as the turbo boost will make up for the power needed but again this will bring down your MPG

Gears really don't affect your stopping distance, but as for the tires, yes they will, remember your adding a bunch for rolling mass with 37's, its just simple physics.......but its nothing the truck can't handle :thumb:

#8 ·
I have 35s (used to have 37) and I was reading 27 mpg at 70 mph on the 30 mile drive to work this morning (with the black maxx set to the hottest tune) The meter is within 1 mpg accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.