Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Update on warranty work....

848 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  joshua5438 
#1 ·
I posted awhile back about needing to get some things done to my truck. I just wanted to update everyone one what the results were.

The door panel rattle was a bust. They claim that they drove it twice and never heard anything. I narrowed it down to the window controls and put a few small pieces of felt between it and now I have no rattle.

The fender trim coming loose on the bottom - I feel that they did a quick fix. They only stuck another piece of double sided sticky tape between the truck and the piece of factory sticky take on the flair. One of the three that was fixed has already came loose. I am going to get some black sheet metal screws and screw them on at the bottom. You will never see it unless you are looking at the bottom of the truck.

They did fix the small dent in the back of the bed above the FX4 sticker. They did not get the scruff out. They talked about painting it to fix it and I told them not to. I ended up getting a clay bar and some compound and you cant even tell it was there.

The dip in the roof right above the pass rear door. They tried to pull it out but had no luck. They did get it about half way and that is all they could do. I was also pointed out that it was from the factory. I notice that they had two other 08+ F250's on the lot that both had the same dip in the same exact spot. Would interesting to see just how many are like this but no one has ever noticed.

The excessive rust underneath was a no go also. They received an email from Fords president of engineering that stated that as long as it wasnt a hole thru the metal that at this time it would not be covered. Any and all surface rust is totally exceptable and will not cause failure to any working parts.. Thats a load of crap in my book. They just told me to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse. Im not going to just let it get worse. I guess I will be doing an undercoating job next spring.... any tips or whats the best product to use for this would be a huge help!!!

So... all in all I guess I really didnt get anything out of it except a dent fixed and some glue on my seats from the dent guy but that can right off. I am totally happy with the truck but feel that these things should have been taken care of by Ford. ohwell. what can you do.

See less See more
#2 ·
i have heard por-15 is amazing undercoating stuff..pricey though..and shinyyy black

#3 ·
I have the same dent in my roof. I was shocked when I first noticed it, but then I walked over to my brothers 05 and he has the same dent. btw both trucks are cc's

#5 ·
It is in the back passengers side corner of the cab. My dads 04 did not have this dent. I was actually shocked that it did not. Atleast these trucks are already high even at stock so it really isnt noticable. I just hate having dents!! Made me feel alot better when I seen others on the lot with the same dent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.