Alignment ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Alignment ??

I have done the icon springs and 1" spacer, adjustable track bar,icon caster cams, and bilsteins upfront got the wheel centered up been driving it for a few weeks not gotten a alignment yet! The front feels a little different as far as wondering goes a little more than it used to and it seems the front tires are starting to feather up no death wobble at all though. My question is i guess the caster is out as far as it will go axle is centered wheel is straight whats left to adjust toe? which that should have not changed. I have new rubber on the way and want to be sure it is lined up right anyone with any good input on leveling kits and alignments?
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I would always o get an alignment done after doing a lift kit. It may seem like everything should be back where its at but most times its not. If your tires are starting to show abnormal wear thats what your issue is.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 PM

I will not take my truck into someone untill i am sure i cannot fix it myself, but after spending all the money on new rubber, a professional alignment is one of those things you just cant pass up.

You know it will be done right, and like i said, its chump change compared to the amount you spend on tires, especially if your going to tear them up after you put them on!!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:01 PM

I fully understand the alignment deal anytime you touch the front get it done just wondering what is off and what the can adjust there is not much left plus there are not many trustworthy shops around me i want to know what they are doing so it dont go from good to worse! I must also add i only rotated my current goodyears once in 37k miles but i always watched the wear pattern which looked flat i will be more responceable with the new rubber i promice!!!
Chris
Old 11-01-2010, 02:58 PM

I forgot the technical term for the type of equipment that was used to align mine, but you get a printout with before and after measurements, tells you just what they did and why.

Im sure ill think of it, but check into shops with it, tires are wearing even after 15k and still straight as an arrow.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 PM

I plan to stop by one of the local shops and ask some questions before i kick out $$ for them to do nothing. I have been working on vehicles to long and seen some cars worse off after the alignment not happing here mine feels pretty good just not as good as stock but i did add lift to it also which raised the center of gravity could explain some but we shall see!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.